moto cams hood shocks strut kit

chrisbrasher25

On the one I posted pics of, there weren't any spacer washers. Those would effectively move the shock out to miss the "mole hills" I still think the best bet for this is to massage that ridge down. The washers are also a great idea, could even use shims there to give it more of a stock look. Holes and grommets would be an absolute last resort for me, even if I had to repaint the strut towers.
  • Like 1

So just an update.

Seems to be related to the car too, same as a Maf-t is different for every car.

My blue 88 with 87 hood fit flawless..

My silver 88 with 88 hood on the other hand bows, I just took the kit off the blue car. I even drilled the holes in exact same place

On closer inspection, it's hitting only the hood. I pushed down on the hood, it dented the brace, and I almost sits flat

It's not the sellers fault that every car isn't identical.

This is like yelling at the maker of the Maf-t because every car with same setup needs a different tune.

I'm not siding with him, just pointing out the obvious.

Not to mention the adjustment your hood needs to fit car moves the struts height too

I was just suggesting asking the seller is all. No blame by any means.

Figured he could shed light on what some of you guys are doing wrong if it's bowing your hoods.

Disclaimer...

I'm not by any means blaming a vendor for any wrong doing here.

Just to be clear.

It has to be where the holes are drilled.

Remember to measure twice, drill once. I would get tape of some kind, tape the strut in place against the shock/strut tower and lower the hood. If it bows move it back or forward and retape. Once you find a spot it doesn't hit or bow then Mark it and check the difference for what the instructions say.

Edited by Turbo Cary
  • Like 1

I measured it 5x. Instructions say 8" from bolt hole. And u can't drill too high or too low. Look at my square nut. It fits like a glove. I did it perfect. Just the strut tower hitting in a small spot. Edited by Preludedude

I see you couldn't resist our hood strut kit.... even after I refused to sell to you and refunded your money because you've been a huge man baby with your temper tantrums in previous dealings...

Read the instructions carefully and install it properly and you won't have any problems with the hood bowing. Even in this thread there are several who have posted that don't have the problem when the kit is installed correctly.

You can see a small glimpse of how many kits we've sold - it's not reasonable to believe that all of these customer's had install issues, so common sense says you should then look at the installer:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290849618217?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I see you couldn't resist our hood strut kit.... even after I refused to sell to you and refunded your money because you've been a huge man baby with your temper tantrums in previous dealings...

Read the instructions carefully and install it properly and you won't have any problems with the hood bowing. Even in this thread there are several who have posted that don't have the problem when the kit is installed correctly.

You can see a small glimpse of how many kits we've sold - it's not reasonable to believe that all of these customer's had install issues, so common sense says you should then look at the installer:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290849618217?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

In previous posts in this thread, look at my pics and tell me what I did wrong then...

I don't have a problem with you or your products. I just want to know what I did wrong. I followed instructions and use proper washers and measured correctly...

I have to say I followed the instructions as well and I have that same issue with a slight bulge in my hood. In my case I made them fit, but to be so blatantly rude to a customer of yours... Geez dude. How about instead of insulting him help these people who spent their money on a product you made. If they installed it in-correctly then tell them what they can do to fix it. Edited by speedyquest
  • Like 1

you only tell what you wanna tell, i only tell the total truth and you know what the total truth is bud.....

THE ONLY WAY YOUR GOING TO STOP SELLING TO ME,IS TO STOP SELLING TO THE WORLD,BECAUSE I HAVE FRIENDS ALL OVER THE WORLD BUD............. i will tell anyone who wants to know about the transaction between me and motorcam from e-bay..... THE TRUTH.....

Really?? This is all very confusing based on your emails to me:

You:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pts/5215247570.html

"90.00 dollars will you take less?"

You: "can you give a solid quote i am at zip code 35005 total amount please and thank you sooo much will pay with paypal,just send me a email where you would like for the money to go thanks again....also i need instructions on how to put them on,i am a complete virgin,and will need step by step instructions i have a 1983 hood on a 1989 chrysler conquest tsi"

You: "sent paypal 80.00 dollars thanks a lot bud"

ME: "Sorry I had to refund your payment after I saw your name…. I can’t do business with you as long as that negative Ebay comment still exists….. just not worth it for me"

You: "glad you did,if i would have known i was buying from you,i would have never placed another order with you ever.................THANKS AGAIN......................"

That's the last email that was exchanged so I'm very surprised to see that you found the kit elsewhere, given our sour interactions. I thought we had a mutual understanding that you didn't like my products and I definitely did not want you as a customer....what happened?