moto cams hood shocks strut kit

chrisbrasher25

Just put mine in a few days ago. Exact same problem. Im glad to see someone else and it wasn't my install I did wrong. I measured exactly 8 inches and installed it perfect. Now there's gaps as in the hood looks slightly raised above the fenders on both sides. It must be hitting strut. I didn't spend time on it. I gotta look into the problem later. Been busy with work...

You can see on the first pic where the strut has been hitting in two places. Both of those need clearanced. This tower has already had the first nub beat down, second one needs beat down. Also needs beat down where there paint is chipped and the red is showing through on the second pic. All of this needs to be done to both sides.

post-6850-0-67731500-1443448065_thumb.jpg

post-6850-0-94959200-1443448089_thumb.jpg

Mine fit pretty goodhttp://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u546/cjhippie/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-08/20150801_124614_zpsgi3pymnn.jpg

I think that it looks bowed just a bit directly over the wheel wells. I'd double check the shocks and strut tower for witness marks
  • Like 1

i decided to drill those areas out and place a rubber grommet in it's place a red rubber grommet to match the paint job,i'll drill 3 out on 1 side and 3 out on the other side there are 4 total mole hills to the inside,beside the strut towers....once i punch a hole in the center a 5/8 thick drill bitt should do the trick then add a 12 or 15mm red rubber grommet to hide the hole and be flush and then when closed the shock should not hit anymore......and should close to more of a flushness to the side of the fenders................... i will try this this weekend,this should keep from looking like a beat it to death with a hammer and paint flaking off etc........ i am going for a stock oem look even though we all know different..................................................

after thinking about this for a bit (no pun intended) I don't think I'd drill those out. Mitsu put them there to help strengthen that spot and totally removing them would for sure weaken it. Also, drilling a hole where I show the paint flake would need to be a pretty big hole.

• Like 1

http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u546/cjhippie/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-08/20150801_124614_zpsgi3pymnn.jpg

I think that it looks bowed just a bit directly over the wheel wells. I'd double check the shocks and strut tower for witness marks

I agree you can see that its bowed right over the wheel arches. This is how mine looked. Im not going to start drilling holes all over the place just to fit hood struts.

Edited by BuGG