VW "Clean Diesel" is A LIE!

correction we do all have CANCER , it's just not active in every one ;)

I'm certainly not the smartest guy around but even I knew they were lieing what they were saying just

didn't make sence ib the real world

but in the real world making an extra 100% mpg , 70 mpg over 35 mpg is one hell of an improvement

No question, there's no such thing as "clean" diesel, never was, never will be. Oily fuel like that? :wacko:

Efficiency improvement is possible but not clean, and certainly not with lots of performance to boot.

They do see that. They just don't want anything to do with having a car that reduces demand as prices will (continue to) fall for the price of crude.

The answer will be Pee ! Synthetic that is but most people call it Urea .

DEF, diesel exhaust fluid. I always wondered, in a pinch, can the driver just wee wee in the DEF tank if he runs out in the middle of nowhere?

DEF, diesel exhaust fluid. I always wondered, in a pinch, can the driver just wee wee in the DEF tank if he runs out in the middle of nowhere?

no lol, to impure, causes corrosion and if its one that kills the motor when your out, itll kill the motor because its not the fluid it wants

no lol, to impure, causes corrosion and if its one that kills the motor when your out, itll kill the motor because its not the fluid it wants

Too bad, that be halarious. Truck driver calls road side service and mechanic comes to his aid, just to wee wee in his tank! :lol: "there you go buddy! That will be $250 for the sevice call and $50 for the urea!"

Funny how they call it clean just because you can belch black smoke out for more miles with a tank of deisel than you can with a tank of gas.

blowing black smoke is losing fuel mileage. thats unburnt fuel

Edited by Skullzaflare

blowing black smoke is losing fuel mileage. thats unburnt fuel

All the so called new "diesel emissions" equipped trucks have a a burn cycle for the catalyst filter. Some will require the truck to be stopped while it high idles as it injects diesel fuel into the catalyst to burn off all the black soot inside.

Thats a waste of fuel and time for who ever owns and operates these things.

There are other trucks I've seen doing the burn cycle while being operated. They are easy to spot, they bellow out a huge plume of smoke for miles. The smoke smells aweful, not like regular diesel smoke.

So my point, this is the enviro's ao called "clean diesel" technology. What a load of bull.

All the so called new "diesel emissions" equipped trucks have a a burn cycle for the catalyst filter. Some will require the truck to be stopped while it high idles as it injects diesel fuel into the catalyst to burn off all the black soot inside.

Thats a waste of fuel and time for who ever owns and operates these things.

There are other trucks I've seen doing the burn cycle while being operated. They are easy to spot, they bellow out a huge plume of smoke for miles. The smoke smells aweful, not like regular diesel smoke.

So my point, this is the enviro's ao called "clean diesel" technology. What a load of bull.

This^^^^^ how can they keep trying to be ahead of the technology? how can burning more fuel and having worst mileage be better? your using more fuel, they have to make more,,,, and haul it down the road in a truck that burns fuel. i have an 2000 VW Golf tdi that gets 47 mpg.... what is so wrong with that? it has EGR delete and none of that bull stinky they put on the new ones. am i going to burn in hell? no.......do i get better mileage then the new ones....yes sir. will i have to replace a 2k exhaust? nope :)

Take with a grain of salt, I ran across this earlier but haven't looked into if it's true

http://www.dailymail...ions-limit.html

It would make a lot of sense that VW wasn't alone. Other manufacturers would have a problem with VW cheating to gain a market advantage in diesel cars and would definitely cry foul, unless they were doing it too. No doubt competing brands analyze competitors' cars down to the smallest detail, even benchmarking against each other.

I'd have to say longevity is also a thing diesel has over gas. In a car I don't know if I'd bother but I'll NEVER run a gas tractor again. I keep two diesels going (a 1965 and a 1975) - by doing almost nothing to them at all. Just don't let 'em run out of fuel :unsure:

Yeah and spark plugs are abundant :lol: