Relationship between required fuel and VE table

My understanding is that each firmware has its own "signature" which you would see when you click on the tune to open it within your project. Essentially the project is the look and feel of the "dashboard" with the gauges, layout, colors, limits etc. Then the tune has all of the user-entered parameters for the startup and running of the fuel (and ignition, if your MS is modified this way) control system and various other inputs and outputs.

The dashboard for the newest firmware is slightly different than the older one and their goal with releasing new firmware is to make the finished product more user-friendly and more capable (able to tune a wider variety of setups and inputs/outputs). In the process of doing that there must be some settings that can't be preserved easily on their end from one firmware to another so they utilize a warning dialogue box instead to caution the end user of the changes the firmware download caused.

And your saying that because of updating you had key information that will not import any longer when you attempt to use your old tune file? How much of it? If so that sounds like poor handling of an update in my opinion but that doesn't matter much, facts are facts. Edited by speedyquest

I honestly don't know if any of that information was key or not. I just know that it gave me an error report after loading my signature 3.1.1 firmware tune on to my newly upgraded 3.4 firmware project that stated 67 things were different between the old and new tunes. I checked over the base stuff (maps, fuel and ignition constants, etc.) and nothing really jumped out at me but I know somewhere there are discrepancies.

Well, I just cleaned rock auto out of their BUR series plugs so I'll start there. I have a can of sea foam to run through the fuel system in hopes that if an injector is stuck open or closed it will rid that of the problem. Good maintenance anyway if it isn't. If those don't fix it I'll move on to the plugs and eventually the injectors, but I still doubt that is the root cause of the problem. Hoping turning off all enrichments and other warmup related assistance and just programming the whole map manually with 0 correction will fix it.

An update--the plugs definitely didn't fix the problem as it ran problem free for a few minutes and started acting up again. However, it seems like the seafoam definitely did something. It idled for a half hour today with no issues whatsoever and gave me the opportunity to start dialing the tune in. My theory is that the fuel started to go bad at some point (I treated the fuel that was in it this winter but the tank was not full) and gummed up one or more of the injectors, causing them to get stuck open or closed randomly and making troubleshooting an absolute nightmare. Now that I have fresh fuel in there and a bottle of seafoam it is cleaning the injectors and restoring some normalcy to it. Needless to say, this winter I will be storing it with a FULL tank of gas treated with both Marine Sta-Bil and some Ethanol Shield.