Mitsumark's former car-1988 Starion ESI-R on eBay auction. Lots new!

stesir

This is Mitsumark's former car up for sale on eBay right now..it is a 1988 Mitsubishi Starion ESI-R with many new parts and improvements. $500 opening bid...low-reserve ;)

SOLD

Edited by stesir

Whats up old friend^^^? Im actually here all the time..Just silent..These cars are in my blood and although I havent owned one in years I still enjoy looking at them very much..About this car that Stesir is selling..Yes this car belonged to my tnen gi.rlfriend,now current wife..I havent seen it in the flesh in 20+yrs since we sold it to a guy that lived here locally.Story in short is we bought for my girlfriend somewhere around 1995.I was alresdy deep into these cars and she loved mine so much she wanted one.At the time of purchase I want to say it had somewhere around 35-40k on the clock..It was bone stock and exremely mint.From the start she was still envious of mine being much quicker so I upgrades her with a new Mitsu HI 14G,,boost controller,gutted the stock cats,CAI,and Montero clutch fan..Very minor mods by todays standards.It woke the car up nicely.She drove the car atound like that for about 4yrs.I was meticulous with tne maintanence as it was her daily.Car ran like a top throughout our ownership.The story about the color change is pretty funny.I was sitting in her driveway one ice cold winter night with the car running waiting for her to come out.I had the heat on so high that I fell asleep in the drivers seat with my foot on the brake.Unfortunetely I didnt have the ebrake on.I rolled back waking up to a thump..Me hitting her mothers brand new Pontiac GTP..Thats how that small dent got in the rear 1/4..My girlfriend looked at it and said thats awesome.She hated the Palermo color.She wound up painting it its current Green.She also went and spent 2K on those oh so famous ARE 5stars that were so popular back then.The car really did look great at that time.She drove the far around for a few more years and started to mature more now..She decided it was time to move on and we put it up for sale.We sold the car to a local guy in town for $8k..His name was John(the guy Stesir bought it from)..Once I sold the car,I was surprised I never seen it around town.I ran into John about 9yrs later and he said the car was sitting in the garage of one of his properties and inoperable as it started smoking real bad one day.I offered to go look at the car for him as he was not mechanically inclined.Especially with these cars.When I first saw it I couldnt believe the condition it was in.The car looked physically destroyed considering it looked just about new when he took ownership.I looked at the var for a few and had it running in 30min..Car was smoking bad due to a bad JV in the head.At that point I pretty much left disgusted as I couldnt believe what he did to the car.That was the last time I seen the car.When it came up for sale locally I showed my wife.We both couldnt beleive the ar resided only 6 blocks from us tne entire time since we sold it..On the local Craigs ad it looked worse than the time years before I looked at it for him.I guess it wound up in Stesir's hands and he started breading life into it again.Nice to see it is running again..I have a few pics of the car..My wife and I would wax these cars every week and take pics of our Starquests next to each other.I tried taking a cell phone pic of the pics I have and posting them..Although they are small tne site keeps saying they are too large.. Edited by Mitsumark

Whats up old friend^^^? Im actually here all the time..Just silent..

Dude it's good to hear from you. Sucks to see a car you used to own get neglected, seems like the neglected ones are the only ones I've bought though! I still have your old 83 hood hanging on the wall looking pretty ;)

I sent you a PM dude, holla back when you can.

So who ended up buying this car?

Mitsumark.

Good to see you still around. That black 86 starion with 15 k miles that you found years ago resurfaced here a few months back.

Stesir.

I think I bought a palmero 86 starion parts car from you back in 2003.

Kev

Wasnt me..To be honest I did think about it but it was to far gone for me at this time in my life..Much rather enjoy driving them opposed to fixin them like before..I owned 26 Comquest/Starions over the course of my life not including parts cars..Only 3 of them were truly mine(ones I cared about).This was one of them as it was a gift for my wife over 20yrs ago and we're still going strong..Just crazy seeing something from your past so long ago re appear..Hope whoever got it has the energy to bring it back...Hey Fuze..If I pick up another Starquest which is a good possibility,,got any 83 hoods for around $350?..

That black 86 starion with 15 k miles that you found years ago resurfaced here a few months back.

Stesir.

Kev

She was just about 16k when i got her off of Mark.. i tried like hell to get that damn car back on the road for about 4 or 5 years. I had a moment of weakness a few years back, and sold her at 90% complete because i lost my garage. The guy did a great job bringing her all the way back, I was almost proud to see her the way i had envisioned when i first laid eyes on her.

Nice to see you posting again Mark! (sorry for hijacking the thread)

SOLD

Gone back to N. NJ to be re-done by a member.

Kev: sold a '87 Palermo Starion back in about 2001? about 118k? very nice car that I had gone back to school to take pics of around flowers..

.Hey Fuze..If I pick up another Starquest which is a good possibility,,got any 83 hoods for around $350?..

UUUMMMMMMMMM, you know, inflation.... ;) I did fix it up and paint it so yeah, it doesn't have the gray spray paint on it anymore. Such a nice wall decoration (got a CF one on the car) but if you get a car, we'll talk.

Edited by Fuze

• 2 weeks later...

Inflation lol...I'll tell ya what..How about sellin that car?..I was peepin the Suspension/Wheels forum a few minutes ago..Your car is lookin good mang..Im diggin it..

Trust me you don't want this POS lol.