SDS now has laptop datalogging. EM5 - can upgrade EM3 & EM4

Unfortunatley i think its just meant for data logging and you cant actually program off of your laptop. Thats 1 thing about sds that i have issues with, that tiny little controller. Mine doesnt even have a back light lol! Its so easy to get out of hand since you cant see all the values on 1 screen.

Agreed. It appears to simply be a pricey all-in-one real time visual gauge cluster to monitor what SDS is doing. I don't believe it allows laptop tuning, but does offer data LOGGING which the handheld does not, except for possibly a very rudimentary Text file output thats pretty messy. I'll verify with them tomorrow. Curious as there aren't too many SDS users here to my knowledge.

^ I've sent mine up there for the upgrade since I'm adding their distributorless coil pack anyway. Had to trade up for a dual pickup Hall sensor also. It'll be a few weeks turnaround with shipping. Beats going to Australia for the previous old Hawk EMS. Looking forward to seeing tuning improvements of EM5.

Was the software just for datalogging or are you able to do adjustments on the laptop aswell?

I believe it's just for data logging, however going to the EM5 board & software is apparently easier yet to program on the handheld. I'll update on here once I get it back & running. Price for upgrade will be both for EM4 --> EM5 & data logging software/wiring, as well as addition of coil packs & supporting programming/hardware. Better to order together straight up from the get go, but I had this MSD already set up to go w/ dizzy & EM4. meh.