Clutch Master Brand Difference?

psu_Crash

Long story short, I bent the clutch master rod so it's time for a new one. Quick look on RockAuto shows prices ranging from $15 for an Exedy to $42 for a Wagner. I have used Sachs parts before with no issue, at $17 compared to the Dorman at $23 that lists as MB012099 OEM equivalent. I usually go middle of the road on stuff at rockauto so I'll probably grab the Dorman. I'm a firm believer in "you get what you pay for" so just looking to see what experience others have had.

If master still works, do you have a old one? Swap the rod lol

I'm way ahead of you ;) Even though I decided to go a step further while I have it apart.

Unfortunately I thought about using an old rod after I already bought the new master. My clutch setup isn't stock, but if the old Exedy setup has worked for this many years I'm sure a Sachs will work just fine. Decided it was time to pull the pedal since I was in there. Bearings in the main pivot and bushings for the clevis and pedal points. Plus ditched the rubber in the clevis part and stuffed it with 12mm washers as Kev showed a while back. Should be rock solid when I get it all back together.

But your bottom I'll have a spare rod and clevis with me from here on out!

I'm way ahead of you ;) Even though I decided to go a step further while I have it apart.

Unfortunately I thought about using an old rod after I already bought the new master. My clutch setup isn't stock, but if the old Exedy setup has worked for this many years I'm sure a Sachs will work just fine. Decided it was time to pull the pedal since I was in there. Bearings in the main pivot and bushings for the clevis and pedal points. Plus ditched the rubber in the clevis part and stuffed it with 12mm washers as Kev showed a while back. Should be rock solid when I get it all back together.

But your bottom I'll have a spare rod and clevis with me from here on out!

i had to bush mine a while back, i took the super hard insert from a chevyII pedal and put it in, added a little grease been fine since. i like the idea of using a bearing though, i didnt bother with the washers, i just welded the top plate to the cup lol