Re-torqueing heads

mbruneaux

The PO rebuilt the engine and installed a new head, since then it's sat for about two years barely running. Since I have the valve cover off would it hurt it to re-torque the head? I'm certain he used Fel-Pro. Thanks

I would say no unless it was ran hot. But some will say yes . I think you will be fine. how close is the car she ready to cruise?

It's getting there, I'm in the middle of replacing a lot of bad parts and replacing marginal pieces while access is easier. I've had it running and driving for a few months but not 100%

It can't hurt to re-torque. I doubt the PO did, so you really should do it. It is a good idea because the new head will move some and find it's spot so to speak. This will always loosen some bolts like Tom said. Loosen them up one at a time and retorque before going to the next one.

It's getting there, I'm in the middle of replacing a lot of bad parts and replacing marginal pieces while access is easier. I've had it running and driving for a few months but not 100%

I know that feeling I drive mine from newbritain to clinton and let me tell you i found all the problems .Rt 9 is the perfect test road hills strait a ways and at the right time almost no traffic

I know that feeling I drive mine from newbritain to clinton and let me tell you i found all the problems .Rt 9 is the perfect test road hills strait a ways and at the right time almost no traffic

Where in CT are you? I'm in that part of the state often.