8hr Road trip

ionstar

Yup about to take my starion for an 8 hr drive.

Things i have done to ensure a safe trip

Car runs cooler after an sr20 alum rad

Fresh oil change

Fixed minor oil cooler leak

Things im worried about...

I have about an inch of play on my steering and my suspension just feels old..

My starion has only 65k miles but man do i need some d2s haha. Ive driven it for 4 hrs straight before and it didnt give me any problems heres hoping trip goes well :) another thing im concerned with is my idle is really low during start up but goes away when it warms up... But its always low during start up even after warming up. I did that tps isc reset... Any other inputs?

Don't forget your credit card.

:lol: that usually solves many problems...but creates another one you'll see in the mail for months to come!

If it ran a 4 hour trip, you should be fine. Make sure you got good tires. And replace trans fluid while you're at it. Just so you have smoother shifting on that drive.

After 8.5 hrs of driving from va to georgia finally made it. Things i experienced...

Car goes a lil to the left..

Heat emanates pretty bad from the shifter boot and the emergency seatbelt release

No ac sucks but oh wells

(if someones selling a full ac kit let me have it please!)

Armadillos are all comitting suicide saw like 8 dead side by side on i95.

People were taking pics of the starion and middle aged man were nodding their heads at me lols

Glad you made it out there. Stewart isnt a bad place. I was there just short of 9 years. I was actually talking with the wife about going back and visiting Savannah and Tybee again.

Ionstar I had the same issue with heat through the console/shifter area.

What I did was buy some DEI heat resistant sheet from a local advance or autozone then cut a slit in it. Took my shifter console section off and pushed it up under the carpet and around the shifter but made sure to leave it loose enough to move the shifter.

It made the drive back 10x better.