Fuel sending unit

lgarbz

Can someone tell me where the the fuel sending unit grounds? I chased the harness to a joint connector by the tail light harness and then it goes up the driver side of the body. Where does the harness ground to the chassis?

So, I found the grounds for the rear harness in the shop manual. I cleaned them up really well and reinstalled the wires. I have power and ground present at the sending unit. I can command the low fuel switch on/off with my power probe. The yellow and black signal wire from the sending unit to the gauge is normally grounded, and when I apply 12v to is, the gauge goes up. Without applying 12v, the gauge reads right around 1/4 tank with the key on or engine running (I added $20 of gas 2 days ago). To me this indicates the sending unit is faulty, but since I'm fairly new to these cars, I wanted to see if there is anything else I should be checking first?

Thanks in advance.

Specs are in the FSM.

www.starquestgarage.com

Pull it out and move it up and down while reading the resistance. Any big hiccups or dead spots will show on the meter. If it works fine then there may be a bad connection to the gauge somewhere or a bad gauge.