Manual Heater Conversion

Has anyone done a conversion from the auto climate control to a simple manual control with knobs or levers of some sort? I feel like having the climate control with no AC is just overkill and having the HVAC computer in there is pretty annoying too.

Believe me,either you have a street car or a race car,you don't want to be without a heater.

The heat from the engine bay,espessially in a stripped out car,will make the cars windshield,foggy in just a few minutes.And if that isn't enough,your breathing will do.

Most race cars if they dont have a heater they use a heated front windshield,like we use for the rear ones.

Since we cant even find stock front windshields youcan bet that there isn't anyone out there that can make one for our cars with a built in heat resistance.

You can search on ebay,for aftermarket universal heat resistors that are glued in the glass used in older cars.

Putting the windshield aside,you wont be able to use your car in winter time....if you haven't done it trust me its unbearable.

Not wanting to elliminate my heater completely since i got rid of all the ac's components and using the non ac heater hose,i dismantled all of the heaters servos,shutted the unessecery holes and left only the ways i wanted the hot air to go...windshield and two side custom feet vents....so i have air through 2 ways.

After that i used a dimmer to contor the fan and a simple manual water regulator found in toyota corollas that it was forced to fit lol.

The weight of the heater and the fan,isn't worth scrapping just to save some kgr.You will make your car undrivable.....when it is drivable lol

I have a manual AC setup. It came from my 84 flatty. Im currently rebuilding the boxes for the Mode selection and blower motor box. There are only 3 cables and the boxes look the same as digital setups. Only difference is the levers/slotting for the selections.

I wish I could get a new panel made for the cover. Mine looks dingy and I want the letters to be white during the day and light up red.

Edited by Turbo Cary