Brooklyn/Queens..need apartment

DMNDSTAR87

My cousin is looking for an apartment.... She got a job in Brooklyn so that would be best but not opposed to Queens.... Looking for a 1 bedroom.... She is moving 2nd week of September and it has been tough trying to find anything..... Hit me up if yawl know of anything...1200 per month range is what she is looking for.....

Thx peeps

Gig out

brooklyn is huge. gotta know where in bk. depending on where she is near, it could be 2200 or 900. get some details and the locals can try to help.

So to put things into some form of perspective... Brooklyn only sounds like a mere 1/5th of NYC, but it's so big it's a county. So is queens, and Staten island, and so forth. Driving from one end of Brooklyn to the other at 3am on a Sunday with no traffic or road contruction and going a full 65mph still takes over 20min.

I live in Greepoint, aka Brooklyn north. 1/3 of queens is closer to me than 1/2 of Brooklyn. Also, that part of queens lacks subway access, so now that distant half of Brooklyn seams close. See, a lot of factors.

You move on the 1st or 15th. If your not local and just showing up, you'll pay a broker fee, first month, security, and maybe last month... So $1200 now is $4800 plus you need to provide proof of stable consistent income around $75k a year.

So if she's working in bay ridge, rent will be $1800 plus, yet Staten island is right across the water and cheap. Got to be very open minded and versatile.

One bedrooms are a dream out here, not that many around. $1200 is also a dream when your not local. For that budget you'll end up in Brownsville, aka hood.

Edited by Malykaii

Market price for a walk through 3 room tenement is over $2k now in my area, but I'm not paying that. Im local, know everyone, and speak the popular local Polish language.

So until she figures all this out and how to play the game, my advice...

Find a room for rent on Craig's list. Plenty of 3 bedroom apartments with two people looking for a third.

Find a sublet for a few months and then figure out the areas.

Edited by Malykaii

She will be working at one of my companies locations...Kemperle Inc/Auto supply..Utica Ave/890 east 51st street...anything within a 30 min drive from there is fine.... Queens/Brooklyn border is about as far North as she would go...I know she was looking in Flatbush at one point...

Thx guys

Gig out

Oh ok... So your from the area,and didn't catch that.

Buddy does real estate. Will ask.

We both live in Boston but she knows the area a little bit as she has some relatives in Valley Stream area....