Ford maf sensor

Just curious has anybody ever tried using a ford maf sensor on a quest? Just splicing it directly to our harness? A person i know has a d50 that has a turbo g54 using quest computer with no translator and a maf sensor from a 5.0 mustang.

Got the maf info for the ford one he used. It is for 96-99 4.6 or 5.4ltr motors. The older ones dont have a iat sensor built in but could be used with a translator like the gm maf. The newer style can be wired in directly with no translator. But requires more fuel pressure and bigger injectors to get rid of lean issues. The ford maf flows approx 30% more than a 1g maf. Also the ford mafs are labeled either with letters or numbers but they are the same pinouts. A=1 and so on. A is iat sensor signal, B is iat signal return, C is maf sensor signal, D is maf signal return, E is ground, F is pcm power switched power. So guys when u take a look at this tell me if u think it will work. The guy i know that is using this has an adjustable rr fpr running at 45psi idle and uses fic 950/1350cc injectors. He also runs a 70a/r turbo at 22psi with ext w/g and bov.

Jimmy, the 87's are the same as the 88/89's, the 86 is unique.

the 87 is this: (I'VE NOW ADDED COLORS TO THE CHART) AND EDITED THE DECRIPTIONS FOR THE 87.

THESE ARE STRAIGHT OUT OF AN 87 MANUAL FOR THE 5 SPEED ANALOG GAGE MODEL (WIDE BODY).

87 TSI “A” connector:

W 1: IGN â€" (coil)

WB 2: AFS

LR 3: Motor position SW

B 4: GND

GR 5: air Intake temp

YG 6: Coolant temp

YR 7: Idle SW

8: n/c

9: n/c

GR 10: +5 volt power

W 11: O2 sensor

YB 12: ISC â€" (in)

YB 13: Ignitor advance

LY 14: MPS GROUND backup

GW 15: TPS

BW 16: Barometric sensor

17: n/c

18: n/c

LgB 19: Speed (coil)

RG 20: secondary air (catalyst)

BR 21: Diag. Output

WR 22: control relay (fuel pump)

YL 23: ISC + (out)

87 TSI “B” connector:

R 1: IGN +12 V

B 2: GND

B 3: GND

RW 4: EGR

BY 5: IGN START(cranking)

BW 6: AC switch

R 7: IGN +12 V

BY 8: GROUND

YG 9: Boost gage

YB 10: Injector 1 (primary)

BR 11: Ignitor signal FOR INJECTOR TIMING

YL 12: injector 2 (secondary)

B 13: +12 V CONSTANT

I believe they are the same as the 86, if so, here it is:

86 TSI: “A” connector

1: IGN â€"

2: AFS

3: n/c

4: GND (AFS)

5: Intake temp

6: Coolant temp

7: Idle SW

8: Motor Position SW

9: Pressure to gage

10: +5 volt power

11: O2 sensor

12: Ignitor signal

13: n/c

14: n/c

15: TPS

16: n/c

17: Intake temp (OVCP)

18: n/c

19: speed (coil)

20: n/c

21: Diag. Output

22: control relay (fuel pump)

23: secondary air (for catalyst)

24: pressure solenoid

86 TSI “B” connector:

1: +12V

2: GND

3: GND

4: EGR

5: IGN (cranking)

6: AC relay

7: +12V

8: Inhibitor

9: ISC + (out)

10: Injector # 1

11: ISC â€" (in)

12: Injector # 2

13: +12V backup

Ah, you got issues here. Ford 5.0 MAF sensors are 0-5V output, the GM and Starquest MAF's are frequency output. They are not compatible. Ford MAY have changed the late model MAF to frequency based but I doubt it and I seriously doubt "the guy I know" story. Sorry.

Sq rescue, the carb conversion is underway. Decided on making an intake from scratch and using a 650 hp series blow through holley with mechanical secondaries instead of boost reference secondaries. Also going with a msd ignition box and a holley hp electric fuel pump with holley boost reference fpr. I think with the motor the way it is will handle 30psi of boost and i know the garrett gt35r will supply the boost no problem. Only thing im not sure about is if i should use my big intercooler or not as my buddys camaro carb and intake gets frost on it from such a cold air charge with the intercooler.