Stay in school, get a good job, and you too can.......

jonboyb

.....drive 30 year old cars as your daily driver :lol: We had to take this picture today. Literally.....these are our DD's. This is me, my boss (Randy, YellerBeast89 on here), and the office director. We catch quite the grief about driving old cars with the top 3 spots in the office. The office director also had a SQ until a couple years ago. The 80's are such unappreciated years....Randy's 635CSi is pretty sweet.

http://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae29/awb1102/20150623_153610.jpg

Gonna be fall/winter time frame before my shop is willing to take my car as a roller and paint the engine bay:( Apparently they are full up on non-running cars right now and no room. Then it's time to play.

Fyi Tae.....Page ended up with the Raider.

Thats a nice BMW. I really wanted a 635csi/m6 before I got into the sq. Just couldn't afford it.

I picked up an M Package one owner 6 series for a customer, he paid $600 for it! Complete, out of 10 it was an 8, it needed an air flow sensor. They had it running under 30 min!

So many unappreciated 80's cars. The Porsche 944's, man you can find those for cheap!

I have a feeling I will continue to drive old cars, nothing new excites me. Plus I like the ability to buy a nice example of something in cash as opposed to plunking that cash down on a car AND then signing up for a payment. I'd rather put that money towards a nice garage space with a lift.

Even if I won the lottery I would still have my SQ and my 91 toyota truck. I would fix up the truck a bit with new paint and cosmetic stuff. Sure I would have other cars but that's no reason to give up the good ones I have now.

Even if I won the lottery I would still have my SQ and my 91 toyota truck. I would fix up the truck a bit with new paint and cosmetic stuff. Sure I would have other cars but that's no reason to give up the good ones I have now.

I too have a conquest and a toyota truck. A 96 tacoma 2.4 5 speed. I bought it to flip it then decided it was a good daily. It has 185k on it with new head gasket and runs great.

I also assume that due to the strength of old toyota pickups it will last through the next 5 nuclear wars. 6 tops.

I too have a conquest and a toyota truck. A 96 tacoma 2.4 5 speed. I bought it to flip it then decided it was a good daily. It has 185k on it with new head gasket and runs great.

I also assume that due to the strength of old toyota pickups it will last through the next 5 nuclear wars. 6 tops.

Mine only has 80k miles on it so it should run forever as long as I do the maintenance.

Reminds me of the episode of Top Gear when they tried to destroy the Hilux...Pretty impressive stuff.

Hahaha...that's just like my work.

I drive my Evo X or my v8 swapped E30

Another co-worker has an m52 i6 swapped e30, and an e30 m3

Another co-worker has an e36 m3

Another co-worker has an e46 m3

and Another co-worker has a Porsche 944s

We are a small company of about 20...so people look at us quite oddly...hahaha.