my starion Miller Special Tool Identification help.

freebird

Anyone ever use this.

http://i778.photobucket.com/albums/yy68/jaybirdskate/w6_zpseecrwuf2.jpg

I have had it for a while...15 years or so.

Used it maybe 2 times and dont remember on what?

I cant seem to find it in the 87 service manual....which seems to be the only one I have right now.

I kinda think its for the spindle or torque tube....maybe the diff...?

Thanks in advance.

Welds some feet on it and bolt on a nice table top or a starquest rim table is what it looks like to me brotha lol yard art..

Reminds me of the old saying..

I forgotten more than most will ever learn.

Looks like a spindle

Edited by G54Bstore

whats the bolt spread? 4 bolt hub press so get off the 4 bolt axle flanges?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

no its about 1/4'' smaller on all holes....the 4 bolt flange on the axle is bigger.

Edited by freebird

I would say it would bolt to the inner hub flange and be used to push the spindle / axle out of the hub. After the nut is off of course.

that was my first guess....I tried asking in the virtual mech section....I'm sure no one else has one of these though....It's worth a shot to see if someone may have seen it in the service manual though.

It could be for the tt flange. But those are usually not very tight. it is not in the 85 manual. That is the oldest one I have.

thanks for looking.

I know I had a number on it years ago....I found it on Alldata website once.

The relief on the end looks like the relief in the hub flange for the axle shaft dust seal. Based on that I would guess it supposed to help you insert the axle shafts into the diff. Specifically to make sure it's seated past the circlip.

The relief on the end looks like the relief in the hub flange for the axle shaft dust seal. Based on that I would guess it supposed to help you insert the axle shafts into the diff. Specifically to make sure it's seated past the circlip.

yep that would make it perfectly worthless then....lol..

That's the Miller's making tools for anything and everything... ;) ...sounds about right.

But then again..... it does have the big bolt with fine threads....and the wrench end does have some sign of good hard torque being used.

If you look in the special tools section you will notice alot of stuff like that is sold in two pieces. The flange and handle will have separate part #s. I can only guess they do this because the handle can be used with other tools.

There's only a few things on a SQ with a bolt pattern like that. I can't think of a way that tool would be very useful in any of those places.