HKS Cam GP

MotoCam360

I'd also like to know like others if it would be a regrind or made from blanks.

Probably helpful to Tim Speedy if you can describe what you hate about blanks, or regrinds, if you can. I've seen bad blanks and good regrinds, also bad regrinds. Mitsubishi started with a real nice piece of steel.

I would be interested in fresh blanks that could be ground into modern lobe designs, not old outdated ideas.

And Mr. North, again I'm not interested in antagonizing anyone but if you could elaborate we would all have a better product in the end. I don't think the HKS cam for the G54b-t would be considered an outdated idea but I am quite interested in your opinion on how you would improve it.

Edited by scott87star

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Part of making it profitable is making it work, part of making it work is providing ALL the bits necessary, part of providing all the bits necessary involves taking into account all the differences in what guys are currently running. Takes time, effort and money.

Who said being a Vendor was a good thing?

• 2 weeks later...
So basically it's a 280/270 cam with similar lobe separation to a stocker. A new-old stock HKS cam would be nice, but I think we're probably limited to regrinds like Schneider's at this point unless they get made from scratch someplace.

Just remember, cutting a cam off of a camcard only gets you close. It doesnt define true lobe profile. Only a physical measurement will do that. How old are these HKS cams? How much wear is on them?

So you have SOME details from a cam card, or a worn example. When did HKS make these?