Hello from Georgia

iott2551

Good afternoon and Happy Easter. I am obviously new to the StarQuest clan. I am originally from West Germany and moved to the U.S. in 1989, just as the last Conquests were sold. I loved the car back then but life graced me with a baby girl and money went into more sensible purchases for a young family. Fast forward to today and my baby girl is almost 25 and doing great on her own.

In the past 25 years I've had a myriad of vehicles and built a few myself. Currently building a 1964 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible. I say currently, but I started with that project over two years ago. Old cars....you fix one thing and find two other things that also need fixing. Well, the Bonneville is now roadworthy and so I started to look for another car to drive and came across this 1989 Conquest for sale. Mmthe ad was two month old but I gave it a shot, emailed the owner and whaddayaknow...it was still for sale. Yep, I bought Tim's 5.0 Turbo Conquest. To would say it is an awesome build, quality and care and a lot of love went I to that car. Tim is a super nice guy and worked with me to get the car to Georgia. Now I've seen pictures of the car in the photobucket but in person....holy smokes! I am totally thrilled with it. Some of you have probably seen the car in person over the years so you know what I mean. Tim, you ARE the man!

So I am looking forward to participating on this site, maybe attend some meets and meet some of you in person. I have tried to pull up the member map but it froze every time I tried so I don't know who else is around my area. I'm in Cumming, about 30 miles north of Atlanta.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. I was going to post a picture of the car but it keeps saying file is too big. But I'm sure everyone is familiar with the car anyways.

Cheers mates!

Welcome to ya! I'm up in Maryville, TN just south of Knoxville. There's a few more guys up around here as well and inbetween.

Welcome iott. I'm in ga also but well on the other side of Cummings, near 85 and 316 not far from Athens.

Tim, you know you've still got to come to p.f..

Iott, be sure to check I to p.f. 14 we would love to have you there.

ill be there Grant.