UPDATE! INSTALLED!How about this EGT gauge? will it fit in the ash tray location?

I'm looking at EGT gauges and came across this unit on eBay. It seems like a decent unit and I'd like to ask you all if you think it would fit where the ash tray slides into? The measurements state that it's 1x2x3 inches.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/200339741326?nav=SEARCH

http://i21.ebayimg.com/07/i/001/31/cd/b002_12.JPG

Edited by CaliConquestAlex

I removed the wiper cancel switch down below on the left and put that unit in the hole. Fits like a charm. Pm me you number or email and i could send you a pic

can you post the pic here i would like to see it that is a nice piece

I pulled the trigger and bought it. Looking forward to incorporating EGT into my tuning. I have a second o2 sensor port on my downpipe and I'm hoping that I can use an adapter fitting to put the egt probe there. Edited by CaliConquestAlex

I decided that rather than putting it in the wiper cancel spot I just used my dremel tool to cut a square out of the ash tray for this to fit into. The visibility while driving will be better IMO. I'm waiting on a o2 sensor to 1\8 npt adapter and then I'll install the meter and post a video over the weekend. Edited by CaliConquestAlex

It's not finished yet, but you get the idea. I'll probably figure out a way to screw in the ash tray so somone doesn't accidently pull it out and screw up the wiring for the sensor. I just sprayed some vht wrinkle finish on the ash tray because it was kinda faded before and I like the look of the paint.

Alex kindly let me drive this Mpi'd beast yesterday, what a fun car ! but had nowhere to put my cigarette out , thanks f poo r the help yesterday Alex !

Alex kindly let me drive this Mpi'd beast yesterday, what a fun car ! but had nowhere to put my cigarette out , thanks for the help yesterday Alex !

• 6 months later...