And so it begins

jmactenn

The mounting studs were a 1/2 inch shorter and the top to bottom spacing was a 1/2 inch greater.. I had to increase the top to bottom hole locations an cut the original quest spacer in half, cut the ear off so it fit in the studs.

my master cylinder was leaking so it gave me the opportunity to do something different. the quest MC is 15/16 " bore, the z is 17/16".

Edited by jmactenn

The mounting studs were a 1/2 inch shorter and the top to bottom spacing was a 1/2 inch greater.. I had to increase the top to bottom hole locations an cut the original quest spacer in half, cut the ear off so it fit in the studs.

my master cylinder was leaking so it gave me the opportunity to do something different. the quest MC is 15/16 " bore, the z is 17/16".

Was there no way to remove/swap studs?

I have multiple couplers to experiment with. When I have that settled there will be more pics. The rack was $100 at a local junk yard. the reason it was so high is because the manual rack are so hard to get. PS racks are around $70.00.

Forgot to mention. The goal is EPAS( electric power assist steering.)

Edited by jmactenn

I have multiple couplers to experiment with. When I have that settled there will be more pics. The rack was $100 at a local junk yard. the reason it was so high is because the manual rack are so hard to get. PS racks are around $70.00.

Forgot to mention. The goal is EPAS( electric power assist steering.)

i did like that epas you posted, though im willing to stick with normal powersteering on mine, for my diesel it weighs a bit more than the g54 lol.

however i do like how easy it was to use the saturn rack, depending on how the coupler hooks i might go that route

The Saturn power steering rack are plentiful. I just didn't want ps fluid leaking. stay tuned for further update in the near future. BTW the Saturn tie rod ends fit the quest spindles. CORRECTION: They fit with a little oening of the spindles. Strangely the old ends seemed to fit fine. Bought new ends and had to open the holes a little. Edited by jmactenn