Topic: National Meets, Topic: Attendance at meets.....................come on man

PDodson

i believe this subject is directed more to National Meets than local area get togethers. with a year or more to prepare, i start saving here and there by drinking less, smoking less, skipping trips to the girlie clubZ booyaz, cutting back on my heroine usage, betting less on the dog races and at the horse track, less cocaine binges... well, you get the idea :lol:
  • Like 2

i believe this subject is directed more to National Meets than local area get togethers. with a year or more to prepare, i start saving here and there by drinking less, smoking less, skipping trips to the girlie clubZ booyaz, cutting back on my heroine usage, betting less on the dog races and at the horse track, less cocaine binges... well, you get the idea :lol:

that's all good until you drop your $2,000 smoking pipe and have to buy a new one.

Or you catch your wife bangin some other chick, and your drove right back to drinking $500 a week.

Your favorite SInger starts striping at your local club.....and you have to fork out $1000 for a cover charge.

Or government gives out subsidies for dirt cheap 8 balls for the nose.

Just maybe the sewer line brakes while your fixing a water leak and your wife comes home with the daily driver knocking like a saleman at the front door.....Life happens and it happens real bad sometimes man!!!

• Like 2

I think Paul is trying to be funny...or maybe thats just me being a d***....either way....It was a swing for me to come out. 850 miles is no easy task...and I doubt that I would go up north or any further west for a car adventure. It was fun and I have family in the area so Kansas or any of that crazy talk you guys will just have to pretend I was there. The door is always open if you guys wanna come drink a beer or 37 and hang out by the pool though. I'll host a meet but only 3 people will show up... ;)

Made many meets to PF, pretty much have to close my shop if wife comes with me, Not an easy thing to do. I'm sure others have limited vacation time also. Plus if a family they have to try to make it a family type trip, not just a car meet. It would be great to make them all, but no one person can do that.

Dad

In the Marines we used to say... "excuses are like a-holes... everybody has em and they all smell..."

I live less than 45 miles to PF and have owned a quest since Dec 07. Didnt know about the meet till after the 09 meet. My plans have always been changed at the last minute and I find myself eating my own words. This year I had plans to make it to PF with my new wife and I got sick the night before. Life sometimes sux. We all live with it. I'm sure there are those on here who say "you should make it to all the meets" well, are your lives so easy that money is of no consequence???

I'm with Harry... I'd have to cut back my drinking for a month to go on a trip.lol And that aint gonna happen... :blink:

I think what were seeing is regular meet problems writ small... For example, a couple years back, I was all set to go to a tri-state tuners - I was l less than an hour away, had the time off work, quest was running top notch... And then it rained and I couldn't make the rain date.

You figure there's maybe 150 or so well running quests within reasonable driving distance of the meet... 50 of those people won't even know there's a meet. Another 50 won't be able to afford it/won't be able to take the time off work. Of the remaining 50... well "The best laid plans of mice and men..." and all that.

I mean really I live in Denver and I know of maybe 5 quests running about. I don't know for a fact that even a single one of them is active on the boards. Expand that to the country and, well, Suddenly a turnout of 25 or so is pretty impressive.

50 plus showed in pee eff 2004. Did they think it sucked ? With as much fun as these shin digs are I would think where there's a will there's a way. Heck, sell a kidney LMMFAO

Nah man, I'm sure they had an awesome time. These meets all look like really good fun. But take me for example. Right now the furthest meet I could possibly make would be in like CO springs (1.5 hrs away) and that would be in my daily. Anything else... I can, maybe, afford one plane trip this year. No offense, but as much as I really, really, really, really want to go to a meet... I haven't seen my family on the east coast in a few years. I'm sure there's others in a similar boat.

It all comes down to money. Not all of us can afford to go to the national meets, unfortunately for us. It's more like "Quit drinking, and my quest might run next year. Maybe." That doesn't equate to funds for a meet, unfortunately

i understand. how much does it cost for a single dood to attend a meet when sharing a room ? driving his starquest or not ? sharing a ride with another starquester ? reguardless where you are on the planet you are going to eat during that time right ? can someone take one day off of work for an annual meet with a year notice ? if you really WANT to attend an annual meet you can, i'm just sayin' -_-

i understand. how much does it cost for a single dood to attend a meet when sharing a room ? driving his starquest or not ? sharing a ride with another starquester ? reguardless where you are on the planet you are going to eat during that time right ? can someone take one day off of work for an annual meet with a year notice ? if you really WANT to attend an annual meet you can, i'm just sayin' -_-

It cost me around $500 to attend. But I flew in and didn't rent a car. That's doable for most people.

It cost me around $500 to attend. But I flew in and didn't rent a car. That's doable for most people.

exactly what i'm sayin' . much less IF you ride with someone to the meet.

c'mon man you own a starquest, i KNOW you have a few $100's to burn at a meet, you've already dumped ten fold that into the non running POS already :lol:

i LOVE these carZ :wub: ... and the homieZ ;)

can someone take one day off of work for an annual meet with a year notice ? if you really WANT to attend an annual meet you can, i'm just sayin' -_-

That's my main problem, the place I work at suck at giving time off. It's all done on seniority.

Don't want to come off too harsh PDodson so no offense, just sounded like you were getting a little holy on us. I'd love to go to a big SQ meet. A lot of SQ owners never heard of SQC.

You'd probably get better results with Facebook if getting a lot of people is the idea. Organizing can be challenging and time consuming. Another way is to have the meet at a big event like the Spring Nats, Summer Slam, etc at Raceway Park here in NJ for example, or some other major event at a track. Here, I'll throw it out there.... Meet up in the spring at NJ Motorsports Park for an SQ track day?

Edited by Fuze
  • Like 1

Being able to attends meets was a lot easier when I was single and didn't have a job that I cared about. In the past I have slept in my car at rest areas and driven all night just to make PF. But the luxury of just loading the car on a trailer and taking off, without having to worry about anyone else has long since passed.

The great thing about being in a relationship with someone who loves the car hobby is that 99% of the things we do revolve around cars. The downside is that we have to find events that make us both happy. I have done the who Mustang Week experience for him and I was miserable. And I'm pretty sure that attending a large SQ meet would be miserable for him, meaning it would also be miserable for me in the long run.

I finally have him interested in attending a PF meet (because he can go drive his car on the Dragon), but thanks to my job, it'll be YEARS before I have the seniority to have time around the 4th off. I have already started hammering the idea of attending the Vegas meet next year into his head, and so far he is on board with going. But it will be a fly in and rent a car event for us. There is no way that I could get the time off from work to drive out and back. I am only allowed to submit a request for time off 30 days before hand. So, for me to take a "vacation" I have to fork out all the money months in advance and the only thing I can do is pray that 30 days out my request won't be denied.

It sucks that I can't attend the events like I used to, but growing up means putting priorities in order, and sadly my cars have to come after keeping a healthy relarionship and the ability to pay bills.

I. c.an understand both sides. I didn't always have the opportunity or resources to make a meet. I thank God that I'm able if time allows to make a meet. I just want to say thank you to the guy that put the meet together because I know it's not an easy task. Without you guys putting this together we wouldn't be able to meet you guys or see what they've done to the rides. I know this was a national meet.and I also know that life gets in the way too. I don't want to discourage you guys from putting these meets together. for those of you that can make it we always look forward to seeing you and for those that can't we will always post videos and pictures so you don't miss out. Edited by 4cylFury

we did fail to represent all Conquests , we missed having a YELLOW car there as Chip pointed out ;)

but the 21 cars that was there pretty much covered there entire spectrum of moded to stock cars

and we saw some thing awsume one of our little 4 cyl cars , put the whooping on practically the

entire field of big V8's of all makes and year models , man that was KOOL TO SEE

THAT TRACK WILL REMEMBER JOE'S 4CYLFURY for a long time ;)

I don't recall seeing a head count , but there were more then I could get around to meet and talk with

lol altho I have to admit I wasn't moving very fast , but I had a great time

Edited by Shelby