Cool Running, H2O/Meth= FTW

psu_Crash

Just though I'd share. Ambient temp was 73 degrees. Here's a snapshot of what the H2O/Methanol system does for my intake temps. I mix it 60/40 meth to distilled water. Notice the lowest temp I saw was 42. That was immediately following a hard pull once I let off the boost. Now that's pretty cool :)

http://imageshack.com/a/img673/460/6BHu0q.png

Edited by psu_Crash

you keep saying meth.. that stuff il kill ya.lol good numbers. I always had plans of installing a water injection in the intake. Now I know to mix meth w/it

Where are you shooting it in Mike? pre ait i assume. but close to the TB? does the moisture affect the TB shaft seal? i ask because my MS is pre wired for meth. if i can ever figure out this crazy boost stall....

Just though I'd share. Ambient temp was 73 degrees. Here's a snapshot of what the H2O/Methanol system does for my intake temps. I mix it 60/40 meth to distilled water. Notice the lowest temp I saw was 42. That was immediately following a hard pull once I let off the boost. Now that's pretty cool :)

NICE. Do you need to change your tune when you are not using the water injection or are you able to just flip it on and off without changing the tune? Does it run too rich when not using the spray?

I knew someone would say that. Should have known it would be you Scott :) Yeah my TPS needs calibrated every time I turn the car on so I use MAP based AE. One of these days I'll look into that.

It's an AEM progressive kit that I bought and installed several years ago. IIRC I am running the 315ml nozzle. I have it come on about 8psi and full spray at 20psi.

I have it injecting probably 6-8 inches before the TB. To my knowledge it hasn't caused any kind of seal problems.

I have it set up on a toggle switch to enable/disable the system with a blue LED on my A-Pillar that shows the current status of the system. If the light is blinking I don't boost hard lol

I keep saying I'm going to hook the alarm output of the AEM unit to my MS as a table switching input.

As of now I don't really tune for the water/methanol although I always have it turned on.

Shelby, I'm not sure on the exact pump specs but I believe it is capable of 150psi. It comes as a stand alone system with a vacuum line attached to the controller. As the boost increases it ups the pressure to compensate, just like a RRFPR does for the fuel injectors. If the system is turned off there is a check valve to keep the pump primed and not allow pressure to back feed.

This is the kit that I am running http://www.jegs.com/i/AEM/017/30-3002/10002/-1?CAWELAID=1710528753&CAGPSPN=pla&catargetid=230006180000850504&cadevice=c&gclid=CNzklO7s0sACFaTm7Aodo1cA2Q

I use the washer fluid reservoir for my H2O/Methanol tank. That way I have an indication on the dash when the level gets low without having to buy extra stuff from AEM.

The blue light only comes on during the times when it should be spraying. It comes on dim at first and increases in intensity as the pump pressure increases. If it flashes an error code I get off the boost immediately. I also installed an inline filter (as recommended) to keep any crap from getting in the system from the tank.

Shelby I figured you'd get it when I related it to the fuel injector setup. I thought you would have already known a bit about water injection. They used it as far back as WWII in fighter planes to make more power back in your hay day :P

Holy crap @the price. Wouldnt a stockish fuel pump and some nitrous nozzles do the job cheaper? I like the reaults but not sure i can drop the cash for it.

Right, it's definitely not cheap. But if it keeps me from wrecking another block just once then it has more than paid for itself. I try to run it as a kind of safety net just in case my tune might not be ideal it will give me some time to review the logs and correct the problem. Without severe detonation in the meantime ... at least that's my though ...