WTB 88-89 Automactic Linkage Grommets

kidjc

O.K. Just so it's clearer (hopefully) I need the small grommets, approx. 1/2" strong total, including both end lips. (length) It has a center section of approx. 3/16" strong. The center hole is approx. 5/16" diameter. If looking @ the 89' FSM: page 21-66 this part is not labeled as far as I could tell, however; it can be seen to the right of part #17, left side end of part #26,left of #21, etc. It pops into level arms/control shafts go through it. Probably not the best description I'm sure... but looking @ the underneath linkage of an auto shifter it should be fairly apparent. I really only need these bushings/grommets, & or hardware, as I have more than (1) shifter w/ linkage; & all of these are either missing/gone/ruined. Yes, I will consider buying another shifter w/ linkage if necessary. (providing that all the hardware is Good & intact) If anyone knows a source of these please share. Hoping someone can help, thanks for your time, attention, & help if possible. Feel free to correct me if this part is labeled, or I have mislabeled it. OR... if anyone has remade these, substituted, or quick-fixed, thanks again. :) Edited by kidjc

No longer available from the dealer??

Part numbers and quantities listed in the first post here. It's worth a call to your local dealership. I'd either get oem or do the hose/custom bushing. Anything used is going to be old and dry.

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=101995

Edited by 89PalermoSHP

No longer available from the dealer??

Part numbers and quantities listed in the first post here. It's worth a call to your local dealership. I'd either get oem or do the hose/custom bushing. Anything used is going to be old and dry.

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=101995

Whoa! been a while Thanx for the link, I recall it sometime back, had forgotten though. Hope all is well w/ you, & appreciate the intel. I was working on an alternative nylon bushing sleeve, only came up w/ (2) w/o lips. I'll give this a try. Good to hear from you/trust all is well! Thanx!

Good to hear from you as well and I'm always glad when I can possibly help. Be sure to update if you are able to get them from the dealership. Hopefully the still offer them and you can get a nice, crisp shifter. ;)

Will do... working on it now, & Thanx! :)

• 1 month later...

Will do... working on it now, & Thanx! :)

O.K. Then & Now... kinda long story of the past (6) weeks of search'n, but I'll try to condense it: When you search the part #'s, numerous sites pop up (which BTW are "ALL" tied together just as salvage yards are; indexing all dealers, warehouses, etc. as their inventory. Therefore in my search it seemed VERY Hopeful @ first. Showing (10) available on (1) site, another (12) available, & so on. Until you get to the input of payment made. Then all of a sudden "Poof"/gone, None available. Went to another site showing (X) amount available... got to shipping charges of $13-$18 for a bitty bag, ah O.K. then noticed it was shipping from a dealer several blocks away? Excitedly I drove there to pick up my bushings. Ah Ha! Nice parts person, however, the (10) available dropped to (2)... the other stock # went from (6) to ZERO. Took pity on me & explained the process: There are (3) major hubs in the country. Even "they" use the combined "availability Total #'s." Which of course is misleading, & also incorrect? :( So I order the few that they could total up. A week to 10 days to ship & arrive. 5 days go by, I decide to check on the shipment: It now seems even those warehouse hubs were mistaken? (1) part # is now (0)/nadda available in the entire nation. The other part # has dropped to (2) coming from west coast, & southeast. What about Japan? Can't call there, even from a dealer, must use a "Hub" to contact. Time goes by, & I receive an answer: (3) are scheduled to be shipped into the country @ the end of the month. Since I've already paid for them, they reserve them for me. Well... they are shipped in $1,ooo,ooo orders; then distributed. Only (1) is shipped, but it arrives!!! I did get enough of the (3) part #'s listed to be able to hopefully complete the linkage. BTW: the cotter pins are more available, & if you're not set on a Mits. # cotter pin?... VERY AVAILABLE almost anywhere: it's a cotton pick'n lil ole cotter pin. As shipments for these items randomly arrived, it was noted from the Parts Mgr. that the possibility is drying up on Japan's availability, as I was told; the rest of my order most probably will not arrive. HOWEVER... I was also told: that in some small way... when U.S. Inventory drops to "ZERO" availability; randomly a $1,000,000 shipment gets maybe (6-10) of these items tossed in? Then distributed throughout the (3) Hubs, & all the inflated #'s go up again. So then... if one has the time to stay steadfastly dedicated to calling, checking, back & forth again & again having orders put through... I think "somewhere/someone" in Japan, still have a few of these available. Good Luck... GO GET'EM! ;)

Edited by kidjc