Turbo is not functioning ??

Darrin_b

So I had a bad 12a turbo it was seized when I got it I put a rebuild in it (new bearings, seals etc.) I have a 1g bov hooked up to it and a cheap Manuel boost controller along with aftermarket gauge I was running 11psi of boost it worked and ran fantastic pulled hard was doing great then last night (3 days after I rebuilt it) I was racing around and did a burnout I saw my gauge during the burnout it was 9psi then got down to the next stop sign and then started going and my car wouldn't boost it got to -1psi and made a weird deep turbo noise and was like "wowowow" like a howling woosh I thought great I just fried my turbo I drive it home easy and tore into my turbo got the insides out it looked fine the turbine spins free sounds fine feels fine and has a tiny bit of side to side play but it was like that when I rebuilt it to I checked my intake and exhaust housing they looked fine I put it back together took it down the road and it did the same thing I'm lost now what do I do?!!!!

• 3 weeks later...