My newbie introduction: 83 Starion MPI, etc

randomguy

What's up Folks,

Some of you may remember me (formerly randomguy). I got into starions pretty bad in my younger years was all over the internet/forums and found this one very useful. Being a young dumb kid with prankster tendencies, the management here didn't like me very much so I started a starion forum "without rules" called G54b.com. It was fun while it lasted, but as my car continued to disappoint me, I grew uninterested in starquests and kinda abandoned the site/community. The work was getting intense and I had no business motive for the site, so I shut it off.

I talked to Jimmy who unbanned my original account (randomguy), but I never got around to posting and a year later I didn't remember my password. If a mod/admin can merge accounts that'd be cool, if not- no worries.

Fast forward a few years, i somehow got into college (complete idiot post high school) and graduated, got jobs, did some biz etc and now I finally have time to return to the car. I work with technology/IT and the megasquirt project was an awesome experience at a younger age- even though I still can not claim success. So with that said I'm back....

here's my 83 starion with a brief clip of my old 85 rx7:

here's my build thread: http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/build-threads/325579-my-1983-starion-build-thread.html

Also here's my 335i with mods and some downpipes going on in the next few days.

http://i.imgur.com/clUze1B.jpg

here's a painting done by the most skilled artist I've ever seen mr-totem.com who did this completely with spray can paint. I gave him vague instructions and he created this bad piece on the bottom of the hood of my 335i. I made the concept.... two things close to me: technology and my city- ATL

http://i.imgur.com/ej0nOWL.jpg

shout outs:

Joe C. (tsiconquest88)

jahjah? (kyle)

stormhammer (justin)

pearce

grant (purely insane)

Jimmy

johnboy (??)

everyone else

Yep....still here. Ironically, one of the Garage Zero guys saw my 84 the other day and asked if I knew you :lol:

As far as Megasquirt.....I'm like the Frank's Hot Sauce old lady from TV....."I put that S&%@ on everything!"

Edited by jonboyb

Yep....still here. Ironically, one of the Garage Zero guys saw my 84 the other day and asked if I knew you :lol:

As far as Megasquirt.....I'm like the Frank's Hot Sauce old lady from TV....."I put that S&%@ on everything!"

No wonder I couldn't remember your username... haha You were doing real name username before it was cool-- waaay before facebook

My cylinder head is currently at Ball Engine and Machine in Lilburn GA (The same place that initially installed the wiseco's and the rods/etc that I bought from Randy (Dad) )

I'm going to give it another go.

Yesterday, I started the car and was messing around in TunerStudioMS which is pretty awesome, as well as this new app called MSDroid written by a dude named Trevor Page. I can say that I found Tuner Studio to be waaay easier to navigate and use to tune megasquirt from my phone. If you don't have it... GET IT. All it requires is a 5$ cable that converts that micro USB port that you charge your device with into a full size USB port. I plugged my Serial DB9 connector into this and it worked like a champ.

Just make sure your USB to Serial adapter has a PL2303 chipset and there's a driver out there for it. I used a samsung galaxy S4 and it's super convenient to datalog and even make changes yourself while driving.

Here's the video of me messing around acting like I know what I'm doing before I realized that there's something wrong and the head needs to come off. There was somehow water in cyl #4 (slight rust) compression #'s were about 60ish max. one was 0.

Me acting like a Pro <<that is before I figured I should try out MSDroid

Edited by randomguy