Been busy with my new toy.

Back in March I was getting ancy because my Ram was still getting painted. So I went shopping, and I've always wanted a Caliber SRT-4. And I was looking for low mileage one's. Prices ranged 14k+ but there was a local one for 11k with 500whp. It was 2 week old listing on craigs but then I decided to get curious and asked about it and low and behold he still had it. 54k miles 2008. Went and looked at it and applied for loan. Came back a few days later with it. And I loved it.

Now I really love it. It's fast as s*** (fastest thing i've ever owned/driven).

I can't upload pics from phone but search up BrownLax16 on youtube for videos of the guy who built it. Old setup mad 446whp with 61mm turbo now has a 35R with 37R wheel.

Yup stock block. Its right at the thresh hold but it was tuned beautifully. Fully bolted, running AEM FIC, 20lbs with mid to low afrs (depends on weather.)

Yes 2nd gear is useless, 3rd is just about as bad but fairly controllable, has a LSD. Running BFG G-Forces, $500 for two tires Most expensive tires I have ever bought.

Still rock 23+mpgs around town. And knock is less than 2 on pump gas.

I had one since brand new up until last December when I traded it for a jeep. Still miss that car but I needed an everyday vehicle and I couldn't justify driving mine in the illinois winter. They aren't exactly like the neon motors. These have vvt which I'm assuming help with the good gas mileage. Clanky noisy motors right out of the factory. Ran like hell but I never had full confidence in it. Randomly would stall here and there taking off. Idle surge on long road trips...and mine was a cream puff babied since new. Like I said though I still loved the thing and wish I could've afforded to keep it http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag290/406conquest/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20121018_090545_zps9lch1h4h.jpg

I think they all have that stall and idle issue, my mom's does the same thing. My thought is that it's related to the speed density system. Hers always acted up when it was very humid & muggy outside.

Rosengrant, yea I bought it off Jesse. And the caliber set are open deck aluminum block. They would be great if dodge built the blocks stronger. The neons have a stronger block.

Just went to Carlisle , PA this weekend. Seats were VERY comfortable to me for a 3hr trip. And I got 30mpg on the way down.

I loved the seats in mine except even water would stain the center mesh on the sseats.went on an 8-9 hour one way roadtrip in mine no problem with being uncomfortable. I'm 6'3" and there was plenty of room to stretch my legs

every thing on the market SHOULD be getting 40

every thing for sale these days should be getting 40+ mpg , if not what pourpouse can these electronics serve

=

Electronics can't do much about displacement.

every thing on the market SHOULD be getting 40

every thing for sale these days should be getting 40+ mpg , if not what pourpouse can these electronics serve

=

:(

Guessing your joking right? Building for performace, building for MPG, and building for splitting the middle are 3 diffrent things.

This is however what pushed me away from the M3's I was eyeing. Between leaning more on the performace side, and the gearing MPG sucks.