Project "Because Racecar"

speedyquest

Thanks for the suggestion importwarrior. I'm guessing that hose isn't overly cheap compared to typical radiator hose, is that right? The length of hose I will be replacing is all of 5 inches long or so as I'm using a metal pipe for the majority of the length of distance from the the radiator to the water pump.

the main point is that it has a wire inside to keep it from collapsing.

some times they will let you go behind the counter and look at the hoses.

maybe you can find a nice short one reinforced that fits your needs.

also i have seen where you can use couplers and a piece of

aluminum intercooler pipe rather then all rubber hose.

as long as their is not much movement you should be good.

i prefer this over the lower option.

http://ep.yimg.com/ay/yhst-62631657248580/nissan-240sx-sr20-aluminum-upper-radiator-hose-kit-1989-1998-70.jpg

Cut to size option, if it is short your ok but too long and the bouncing can fatigue this pipe in below pic :

http://ep.yimg.com/ay/yhst-62631657248580/universal-flexible-radiator-hose-kit-36-90.jpg

Yep that pictures shows something similar to what I'm doing currently. I just have a bit of rubber hose on both ends that have the correct (other than that one spot) bends in them. I'll take a picture for you guys today before I replace it so you can see what I'm talking about.

• 1 month later...

First off I completely forgot that I said I'd post pictures of my solution in here... so I'll do that tonight if I get home with enough light left outside.

Secondly I will be starting up the twin turbo project again. Don't get too excited, this is just mock-up and does not mean that it will be completed anytime soon. It will be interesting trying to package two turbos in the engine bay and making it look aesthetically pleasing as well. There are a lot of considerations for plumbing, heat, and space that will be hurdles to overcome. I know its been done before so its very possible, I'm not breaking brand new ground here but I would love to put my own spin on it.

Nope still no snow up here and its still in the 60's regularly too lol. The car is put away from the "winter" season though as several things need to be fixed or replaced on it and those things won't be getting stock replacement parts and I don't have the funds to buy everything needed to complete those things yet.

I'm sick of replacing my brake booster and having a leaky clutch system so that whole thing is getting a BIG upgrade. More info on that later.

Nope still no snow up here and its still in the 60's regularly too lol. The car is put away from the "winter" season though as several things need to be fixed or replaced on it and those things won't be getting stock replacement parts and I don't have the funds to buy everything needed to complete those things yet.

I'm sick of replacing my brake booster and having a leaky clutch system so that whole thing is getting a BIG upgrade. More info on that later.

Looking forward to it.

Just delete it lol I am