87 starion revving problem

Yeah that's weird. I've seen it tuning before as you can get into a spot where the fuel and ignition moving up and down creates a cycle like that but I can't fathom the factory setup doing it. Having said that I'd give your distributor an overhaul to get the old sticky grease out of there and replace the injector clips.

Yeah that's weird. I've seen it tuning before as you can get into a spot where the fuel and ignition moving up and down creates a cycle like that but I can't fathom the factory setup doing it. Having said that I'd give your distributor an overhaul to get the old sticky grease out of there and replace the injector clips.

I will get a new distributor and try that.

I already replaces the injector clips to.

found a forum and they recommeded the vacuum advance. I bought a new one and replaced it and it still cuts out around the 3500 rpm (arounf 3 boost area). I still have to clean the distributor...

Could it be the timing?

found a forum and they recommeded the vacuum advance. I bought a new one and replaced it and it still cuts out around the 3500 rpm (arounf 3 boost area). I still have to clean the distributor...

Could it be the timing?

3500 RPM you say..... do you know your 2nd injector is good? IIRC that is where the 2nd injector starts to fire.

I will probably send my secondary injector in to get cleaned.

3500 RPM you say..... do you know your 2nd injector is good? IIRC that is where the 2nd injector starts to fire.