What did you do to your Starquest today?

Alsandr

• 2 weeks later...
Finally made some good progress on tuning and troubleshooting thanks to the awesome community we have here--special thanks to Mike, Phil, Scott, and Tye. Car now idles like glass and the start and warmup-specific parts of the tune have been addressed and almost perfected. Sounds like it's time to start driving it :).
  • Like 1

got some new/ old stock valve springs for my new non jet valve M16 head I'm putting together.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o95/G54Bstore/70644ad4-fb5a-4b54-b51d-436dc4ba3cd9_zpsrfya8sg9.jpg

post-574-0-90875300-1444071892_thumb.jpg

got some new glow plugs today

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a381/skullzaflare/12115700_1093098950719632_5063540521527499919_n_zpsdot5rpsu.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a381/skullzaflare/12065691_1093201967375997_6325243716307434514_n_zpsjcznfipi.jpg

those are awesome!

drove to work. will be troubleshooting another today as well after work.

Red Head Steering gear got my steering gearbox now just waiting to hear the results on what they find.

gave them KEV's rebuild link to check out as well.

Got tired of blowing my taillight fuse due to a ghost short somewhere. I pondered the wisdom of Mitsu putting literally all lighting except headlights on one circuit. Dash, tail, driving lights and fogs (with the mod). I decided to do something about it and designed three separate circuits with relays to replace the single circuit, allowing dash, tail and driving lights to be turned on and off individually. Each circuit is protected by a 15 amp fuse and all are mounted on a 10x12 piece of Lexan with distribution block and power LED. All three switches are aluminum push button, LED illuminated. While I was at it I built a custom center console out of an aluminum street sign and mounted the switches in it. Pics/writeup soon.

Can't wait to see your notes and pics on that console you made Fuze.

Sounds very cool.

I came to a stopping point putting my new head together with new valve springs and seals.

Missing a retainer that flew somewhere unknown when my spring compressor slipped off.

Think Speedyquest is gonna help me out with a replacement. It's all port matched to gasket size. Very mild. No over porting.

This is the last time I want to do this for awhile since my M28 head was short lived. Getting all new water hoses on the car.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o95/G54Bstore/head_zpsbl8chlqm.jpg

• Like 1

Got tired of blowing my taillight fuse due to a ghost short somewhere. I pondered the wisdom of Mitsu putting literally all lighting except headlights on one circuit. Dash, tail, driving lights and fogs (with the mod). I decided to do something about it and designed three separate circuits with relays to replace the single circuit, allowing dash, tail and driving lights to be turned on and off individually. Each circuit is protected by a 15 amp fuse and all are mounted on a 10x12 piece of Lexan with distribution block and power LED. All three switches are aluminum push button, LED illuminated. While I was at it I built a custom center console out of an aluminum street sign and mounted the switches in it. Pics/writeup soon.

Wire bundle under the dash too close to the clutch pedal. Happened on mine. Wires were rubbing the clutch pedal but not shorting on it. Let the pedal out slowly and the lights were fine. Let the pedal out fast and it acted like the iron core of a transformer against the energized wires and popped the tail light fuse.

Finally swapped my rear interior over, put all the trunk panels in, put rear speakers in, swapped rear strut tower brace over. All today

yesterday i changed oil, changed rear oil, flushed power steering (had PS fluid in it)

night before, changed passenger rear wheel bearings

I drove mine and did some datalogging. And was reminded that I need a new alternator belt...squeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaakkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!

Belt squeal doesn't signify bad alt lol

I replaced the stock alt with the hyundai 90/100amp and didn't replace the belt. Tensioner is maxed out. My mistake for not spending the $5 when I should have lol.

Swapping in crank sensor for SDS EM5F. My mech is fabbing up a VC mount for coil packs to be close to spark plugs. Pulled that unreliable piece of junk MSD 6AL and wired up coil packs. Glad that didn't strand me on some road at least. Also swapping in another fuel filter since the old lines cleared out quite a bit of crap during initial fuel pump test. It's crazy what came out after the filter! This could definitely ruin fuel injectors. Trilogy made a great post about this as he's dealt with too many people returning injectors after their cars sat too long beforehand.
  • Like 1

While I was at it I built a custom center console out of an aluminum street sign and mounted the switches in it. Pics/writeup soon.

Remove. Bend sides. Mount in console. Hammertime.

http://holykaw.alltop.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/stop-hammertime.jpg

Edited by mstieg

I replaced the stock alt with the hyundai 90/100amp and didn't replace the belt. Tensioner is maxed out. My mistake for not spending the $5 when I should have lol.

Lol atleast you only have 1, my alt has 2 belts, and I gotta try and find matching belts

Got the last 2 pieces to the front end.

Center link arrived yesterday.

The steering gear box arrived today.

Now to get them in this weekend if time allows.

That makes everything from idler arm bushings to BC_99 coupler NEW.

Inner and outer tierods,

center link

Adjusting sleeve

Ball joints

Idler arm bushings

D2's

Power steering gearbox rebuilt.

BC_99 coupler

Next will be GNT bushing kit.

Drive Project Palermo to my half day of work and noticed right rear clunking in the suspension. Found the top center strut nut was way loose and torqued it back to spec. So glad the interior was already out back there. Also, replaced my dome and reader bulbs with some bright white led's.

Drove and datalogged more, increasing the boost a bit more. Avg was around 8psi, stopping around 4500rpm. More tweaks and more driving soon!