What did you do to your Starquest today?

Alsandr

Picked up this off ebay for $100, checked my 87 and 88, trying to hunt a low rpm issue on my 87, randomly goes to near dieing rpm, have to hold throttle open to keep it at the right rpm, found 2 possible causes but everything was fine when i checked it. 88 checked out perfect but still only pulls 9 in hg of vaccuum.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k181/Speedy2222/Starquest/IMAG0483_zpsf7ygy1qh.jpg

Got the starter, inspection plate, transmission bolts all in and 3 of the 4 drive shaft coupler bolts in along with hand-beeping the whole MS harness. We found a couple miswires so that was definitely worth the time. At this point it's mounting the MS computer and battery, running heavy gauge wires for grounds, alternator, and starter, and plugging stuff in (and topping off fluids) and it'll run. Probably another day of labor and it'll run the time following that. :)

Took her to the dragstrip, only was pulling 12psi on the 14b, not sure why it's so low, however i think there may be a good sized crack in the manifold.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k181/Speedy2222/Starquest/IMAG0490_zpsdcji9dfk.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k181/Speedy2222/Starquest/IMAG0491_zpsnr2srj0g.jpg

The car didn't run yesterday, but everything else is done. I cranked it over but it did not start. Seems to be an issue with the signal wire coming into the ignition (which means on MS the injectors aren't firing either). That stupid signal wire has caused me so many issues. Hopefully the CR125 didn't take a dump but that's possible...And why I have a couple spares. Shouldn't be long now before another MPI'd SQ is back on the road.

The car didn't run yesterday, but everything else is done. I cranked it over but it did not start. Seems to be an issue with the signal wire coming into the ignition (which means on MS the injectors aren't firing either). That stupid signal wire has caused me so many issues. Hopefully the CR125 didn't take a dump but that's possible...And why I have a couple spares. Shouldn't be long now before another MPI'd SQ is back on the road.

distributor for signal or crank trigger?

i had issues with the serial adapter on usb extension getting way to much interference causing corrupt signals to the ecu. i fixed the issue using a serial extension with the usb adapter directly in the laptop

ignition power for the ecu, i ran off the black/yellow from the coil, which i think is powered off the eci fusable link

Mine won't work regardless of the RS-232 output being connected to the laptop or not. This was a running MPI car at the beginning of the summer but cracked ring lands and piston skirts coupled with an electrical nightmare and leaking everything out of every orifice possible led me to yanking the engine and doing a full rebuild along with fixing all the MS and heavy gauge wiring while the engine was out. Just trying to get it back up and running now. I am guessing that the braid is making contact with the inner signal wire and grounding it out but I'll find out soon :).

Mine is powered off the ignition switch--I believe it's black with a white striped wire. That's the only accessory I have powered off of it.

Edited by polarisman14

Received my first ever aftermarket rims today.

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/uploads/gallery/album_1144/gallery_2764_1144_82664.jpg

Pics of them OUT of the box?

ok twist my arm :)

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/uploads/gallery/album_1144/gallery_2764_1144_78581.jpg

Fit is really good, no poke and about 3/8" clearance to the D2's in front (1"+ in back). Pretty happy with it so far.

Edited by MikeMeyerhoff

Mine won't work regardless of the RS-232 output being connected to the laptop or not.

Serial cables carry very little voltage. The cable needs to be very short. 5-6 feet max. Longer than that you get signal degradation or even no signal. I found that out the hard way when I tried to program my LC1 with a 10 foot cable.

Trust me, that isn't the problem. I too have a 10 foot serial cable and have been using it for 4 years with no issues whatsoever along with the RS232-USB adapter that I have. The MS unit and MSD box are not blinking at all when cranking and there is already a good functional tune that Scott made that is on the MS unit. The issue lies with the signal wire, not the serial cable. Just need to find out where and why.

worked on a conquest for a friend. rebuilt the -8AN hose for him with new -8 90 fitting.

put the rear D2 coilovers on..

front steering inner and outer tier rods and Idler arm bushings went on also.

also fixed the gas tank filller rubber coupler leak