Not Starquest related.

86FlatValour

So I have a 1990 Dodge Dakota for a work truck. Had 80k on dash (broken odometer) I fixed it it and now have 87,408. Its basically my daily now as well as my Mighty Max and Neon dont run, and my 08' Ram is still at the body shop (color change). But its been a very good and reliable truck. At first I hated it its a std. Cab. So small and i can do a lot of sitting at my job... My back is not happy.

Anyways aside from my front differential snapping the driver output shaft its been good. Havent found a good diff to replace mine so its been a 2wd truck since about december. Its got me through everything, and I used one set of rear tires. Once the ttans was chirping in second, now its gone away. But its a been a great truck reliable and strong, hit one deer at 25/30 and broke the grille/headlight. Second deer broke headlight surround and was run over.

The only downfall is i've been slow for a while and I'm craving my boost/power addiction. And the 3.9L non magnum. Has little to no aftermarket, just like the V6 in my Ram. But I was searching craigslist.

I came across a gem I never knew.

I fairly local person was selling a 268/272 Cam for the early 3.9L. He supplied a part number, I searched it and I found that Mopar back in the day offered 4 Stages for the 3.9L I have found the stage 4 purple cam.

So my question is has anyone ever seen a built up 3.9l with the mopar parts? I have searched and cant find anything not even youtube vids of a cammed v6. I know ill never find a full stage 4 kit but just be nice to see actual staged 3.9 wether it be a 1,2,3,or 4

Everyone I know just swaped a V8 in, or got one with a V8 to start with.

Guy around the corner had a really fast V8 Dekota, but he sold it once he had a kid. I still see the truck from time to time though.

And I LOVED my regular cab truck. It forced me to sit up properly which is good for your back. Try sitting up straight and do some ab exercises for you back.

Edited by jszucs

Id love to V8 swap this with a 360 or 440 but I want to keep it a standard. And I find it hard to find any swap stuff pertaining to this model dakota (87-96). Because What am I to do with the driveshaft, the shifter hole if its different, the transfercase.i heard the dodge made most vehciles the same bellhousing though when I searched up swap stuff for my 08' ram. And believe I read that the :

3.7, 3.9, 4.7, 5.2, 5.9, 6.1, 6.4, 7.2 and so on share the same bellhousing, but then can my strans even handle a 360 let alone a 440?