gun fight

IntercooledFlatty

Gunfight

Rules...

In a gunfight, the most important rule is ..... HAVE A GUN!!!

Shooting advice from various Concealed Carry Instructors:

If you own a gun, you will appreciate these rules...

If not, you should get one and learn how to use it and learn the rules:

RULES:

A:Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians.

B:It’s always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

C: Copscarry guns to protect themselves, not you.

D:Never let someone or something that threatens you get inside arm’s

length

E:

Never say "I've got a gun." If you need to use deadly force, the

first sound they hear should be the safety clicking off.

F: Theaverage response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes;

the response time of a .357 magnum is 1400 feet per second.

G: The most important rule in a gunfight is:

Always win - there is no such thing as

a fair fight; cheat if necessary.

H: Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets ...

You may get killed with your own gun, but he'll have to beat you to death with it,‘cause it will be empty.

I: If you're in a gun fight:

Ifyou're not shooting, you should be loading.

If you're not loading, you should be moving.

If you're not moving, you're dead.

J: In a life and death situation, do something ... it may be wrong, but do

something!

K: If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense!

If you have a gun,what do you have to be paranoid about?

L: You can say 'stop' or any other word, but a large bore muzzle

pointed atsomeone's head is pretty much a universal language.

M: Never leave an enemy behind. If you have to shoot, shoot to kill.

In court,yours will be the only testimony.

N: You cannot save the planet, but you may be able to save yourself

and your family.

If you believe in the 2nd Amendment, forward to others you know who also

believe.

E is totally wrong...... your protection cary gun should not have a safty atleast not a click off one Min a palm one better yet just a modern trigger is the safty.

That's the way I used to feel until I had a daughter that likes to get grabby at stuff she finds interesting, so I keep the safety on now. Saftey's pretty easy to switch as you're pulling it from your waistband or holster, and can be off before you level the gun.

• Like 1

That's the way I used to feel until I had a daughter that likes to get grabby at stuff she finds interesting, so I keep the safety on now. Saftey's pretty easy to switch as you're pulling it from your waistband or holster, and can be off before you level the gun.

**This^^ No kids of my own, but with 2 small nieces and the children of friends being around, I have all of mine with safety's on.

BC_99

My glock's safety is in the trigger. If it is cocked, the only safety is keeping your finger off the trigger. When kids come over here, I move mine well above their reach and unload it til they leave. Other than that, you break into our house, you will not enjoy the outcome if you are still there at all.

Jimmy

I'm with Jimmy. My Glock stays loaded all the time. I've had her for over 20 years and am very comfortable with her. If I leave the house w/out her... I turn around and get her. People dont like me at the range. They think I shoot too well. Only one of my cop friends shoots better than I do. Cause he practices way more than I. (free ammo helps too.lol) while we have to pay outragoues prices.

anyway... protect yourself and your family. Be safe!

Good Post Harry, Guys, consider a revolver. single action double action, 2 -3 in barrel. there is no safety and nicely concealable. Im not a fan of Glocks,,,, sory but there safety is not really a safety. and with there large capacity,,, It makes them rather hard for conceal carry Edited by wrngwae

the fact of the matter is the guy that has been your best friend all your life after your first fight and bloody nose you still remember but for a diff reason ,your spending life with out parole for manslauder cause your nose is so perfict .

quite a number of us lesser life forms have survived with out carrying a gun , at least till the age where uncle sam gives one to you

Not a glock fan either like my s&w 642 (small lots of power), or for just plain craziness my XDm. I have a buddy that's a glock nut has 6 or 7 of em he gets pissed when I can hold a tighter group with my crusty Hi Point lol

<p><strong><font color="#0000ff" face="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif">Some good posts here, some valuable intel as well. I am most pro 2nd amendment, NRA, conceal & carry. Butt, I live in Maryland. Where we have some of the most ridiculous, confining laws in the country. (our governors bid for the presidency?) Prior things use to not be so tuff. For one who grew up under firearm familiarization @ a very early age, (4 yrs.), taught by the best: my Father a WWII D.I. in small arms (.50 cal. & down), a GrandFather on the other side who supplied his own meat until he pasted @ 96 yrs. of age (may have stopped hunting in the last few years?), taught me to hunt @ 80 yrs. old, & never used mor

Once again... a partial post shows up? let's see where it dropped off: never used more than (1) shot to bring down/kill breakfast, or supper. He wouldn't even target shoot unless you bought the ammo, it was reserved for feeding oneself. I was occupationally armed for a good period of time. I always favored a revolver, even though my "back up" was a 9mm Smith 59 (15 in the staggered clip, (1) in the pipe, DA) Still I believed in 6 exactly where I wanted them, rather than 16 in a larger pattern, & the chance of ricocheting off of a windshield. (caliber problem really)

The best to all who believe in their own comfort zone regarding firearms/handguns, either way, pro or con! Remember, not everyone is cut out to own, use, carry, conceal, a handgun? I've dealt w/it myself w/others: It's called "Wyatt Earp Syndrome." As for me: It's sorta like a condom: I'd rather have one & not need it... than need it & not have one!

yes, having one IF you need it is a plus. Me... I try to go around problems and not straight through them. That's probably why I've never been in trouble with the law. as far as fighting and bloddy noses, I've dished out a few. Again, not looking for trouble but, if it finds me I can walk away from it unscaved. Why do I carry, cause I'm older and know that my strength limits are not what they were when I was 20. Kinda evens the playing field... And mine has been gone over with a fine tooth comb. Even people who hate glocks like mine. Nice trigger job helps a lot. yea there is no safety. Just the internal ones that keep it from firing if you drop it.(yikes)... Glocks are a love it or hate it situation.Just glad that we (as a Country) can still own a personal firearm

I`ll probably get some hate for this question. But, here it goes.

Not counting hunting or target shooting, are guns used more as an offensive or a defensive weapon? The reason I ask is because when I see news reports it seems that guns are mostly used in offense, not defense. What are the actual stats? I honestly don`t know.

It just seems that in an effort to arm ourselves for protection, a lot of innocent people die.

I`ll probably get some hate for this question. But, here it goes.

Not counting hunting or target shooting, are guns used more as an offensive or a defensive weapon? The reason I ask is because when I see news reports it seems that guns are mostly used in offense, not defense. What are the actual stats? I honestly don`t know.

It just seems that in an effort to arm ourselves for protection, a lot of innocent people die.

Can't respond about statistics... my opinion on those: They are most often "Skewed" by whatever side of the fence the "taker" is on. With that said, I will step out there & say: The "innocents" that you speak of; the tally of their demise can "Most Certainly" be attributed to "offensive perpetrators," most likely "illegal weapons!" Pretty one sided I would believe! Robbery, car jacking, gang violence, mentally unbalanced, crazed, natural born killers, etc. Sadly... chances are an innocent in the defensive mode of saving self, family, innocents, will most likely be either scrutinized, fined, lose home & possessions, and or serve time. This due to many of the laws which "sway" into the personal rights of the perpetrators. JMO

Edited by kidjc

I agree, it would be hard to find unbiased statistics. Please correct me if I`m wrong. The Kennesaw law is voluntary with no punishment for violations.

It just seems that in our effort to protect ourselves individually, we actually make it more dangerous for the population as a whole. A smart choice on a personal level turns into a bad choice collectively.

Still looking for an answer to my original question. Are guns used more offensively or defensively?

I'm sure they're used more often defensively than offensively, But have no idea of the actual stats.

the fact of the matter is the guy that has been your best friend all your life after your first fight and bloody nose you still remember but for a diff reason ,your spending life with out parole for manslauder cause your nose is so perfict .

quite a number of us lesser life forms have survived with out carrying a gun , at least till the age where uncle sam gives one to you

Ah, the ol' "we didn't need them back then, so we shouldn't need them now ideal... Maybe we need to get rid of internet pedophile laws too... we didn't need those back in the 70's, why do we need them now? I remember when I was in school, if people had problems, they fought it out with fists or whatever. now there's metal detectors in school. The schools didn't buy them because they were flush with cash and were looking for silly things to buy, they bought them because kids want to solve their differences by killing other kids.

We don't live in Mayberry anymore, folks. Times have changed, and people are protecting themselves according to those changes.

It just seems that in our effort to protect ourselves individually, we actually make it more dangerous for the population as a whole. A smart choice on a personal level turns into a bad choice collectively.

Still looking for an answer to my original question. Are guns used more offensively or defensively?

I have no idea on the stats, but I suspect guns are used more offensively by criminals, than defensively by responsible gun owners. All the more reason for responsible gun owners to feel the need to protect themselves.

I'm just curious.... How do you feel that responsible gun owners have made it "more dangerous for the population as a whole"? Seems to me the crooks getting guns illegally, and legal gun owners with mental issues are the ones who are dangerous.

Some of you need to get your heads screwed on straight. Why in the hell do you have a handgun (Glock, passive safety) or any other around children? I think some of you need protection from yourselves.

Bill

When I went to high school, the parking lot was full of pick ups with gun racks full.......most of them not even locked! You`re right Burton, we don`t live in Mayberry anymore. I never used the phrase "responsible gun owners", I used the word "we" talking about the country as a whole. There`s a lot of irresponsible gun owners too, that aren`t criminal.

I`m not advocating any gun laws. 2nd amendment`s pretty clear. It`s also debatable whether or not there`s enough gun related deaths to even matter much.

It just seems that guns are used in offense more than defense. Just wondering if there`s any real stats, that`s all. I might be wrong, don`t know.

Like it was said before, depending on which side is reporting, the stats usually reflect their opinion. However... If you care to look up actual Gov't stats on gun deaths, they have dropped over the years. Dont remember the actual numbers but it did drop. Now, was that due to the fact that there are more private citizens who own guns or more that have carry permits...

All I know is the few towns out west that have open carry laws, I mean little towns where some of my friends go to hunt, have virtually no crime, cause everybody has a gun on their hip...

It seems that the news media always tells of the gun deaths from the criminal stand point... OMG he had an assult rifle. Yea easier to purchase than a handgun in some states, anyway. What they will never report is the home owner that protects his home and family in the middle of the night from "home invaders" . These stories are never told. But ya gotta love (not) Sen. Feinstein..." Mr and Mrs America, turn 'em in"

Thank God she didnt get the votes she needed for that Bill...

Try the web site, gunowners.org