86 Starion built to race.... SOLD

fastclown

SOLD.Thanks!

http://www.classicminis.org/starion/uranusside.gif

I built this car for the Grassroots Motorsports magazine Challenge. When I got it everything was in boxes but I was told the engine was just rebuilt. Not trusting the prior builder, I took the engine a part. It was all new, just not torqued! So, the engine only has a few hours on it with a new ported/polished head (without the exhaust tube in it). Everything not needed was stripped from the car(all sold) As you will see in the pictures, it doesn't get much lighter... It has some minimal, but it is a very solid car. If you want a Starion to race drags/autocross/road course/Chump.... this is a great place to start, most of the hard work and $$$ is done.

Here's some more info: New = 4 years old with a few hours on it

New: rebuilt engine, intercooler, T3-T4 turbo, all calipers, master cylinder, 4 puck clutch, BOV, clutch slave, sway bar bushings, water pump, harness, fuel pressure regulator and gauge

Used: Big air flow meter, aluminum rad, extra rear wheels with Mickey Thompson drag radials,

Edited by fastclown

The "fast butt ugly" is due to the lack of paint. Part of the competition is show points. I figured I would have fun with it. In fact the name of the car was a take off of the Starion (Star Orion) keeping the galactic theme we called it Uranus. Here's a video from the Challenge (Yes, it's all in fun. But competitive...)

The "beard" was to keep air from under the car in the drags. It was missing the factory one...

Guido aka fastclown is a good honest dude. I bought some interior pieces off him years ago!

also, if you part it out hit me up Mike

Edited by 81zfan

Those interior pieces were from this car. There's still a couple of boxes of miscellaneous parts that go with the car. It would be a shame to part this out as so much has been done to it.

There must be a drifter out there!?! It would be a blast at Chump car, just add a cage and better front shocks....

Hopefully someone gets on this and it won't have to be parted. If lived closer than 800 miles I'd come get those 2 extra boxes you've had stored away.

Keep me updated on this Mike...

Edited by 81zfan

• 1 month later...