Starting the KongQuest. LS Powered Convette Inspired Beast

autotr8er2

What are those rollers you have supporting the body.

Those are Harbor Frieght casters I modified slightly to add additional weight capacity. One tire can only support 300 lbs.

I wanted to be able to move the car around. Later I'll build a cradle for it.

What are those rollers you have supporting the body.

Those are Harbor Frieght casters I modified slightly to add additional weight capacity. One tire can only support 300 lbs.

I wanted to be able to move the car around. Later I'll build a cradle for it.

I bought two extra tires and wheels for each caster. the caster is a ten inch tire. It uses a 5/8 shoulder bolt. Drilled out one side of the caster with a 5/8 drill bit. Got some 5/8 steel rod, measured the length I needed for all three wheels plus about 3/8 on each end 14 inches, I think. Drilled holes on each end to put cotter pins into and assembled them. I found the video on YouTube mikes DIY triple threat casters, was the title, I think.

Yep, I'll tub the chassis to fit those meats. I may just cut the fenders and step them out to make them like the SCCA trans am racers of the 80's. I'm going to have a friend of mine make up some sketches to see if they will look right. The car is so sexy already, I'd hate to screw it up.

'

Not a fan of the 370 wheels... Only OEM wheels I like are the Terminator Cobra wheels on a SQ

Edit: those actually look like the new vette wheels

Edited by D3UC3S

After a near tragic event, I purchased a new 2000lb engine stand from Harbor Freight. I was using a borrowed stand and the engine was so heavy, it bent stuff. The A/C compressor broke during the event and I had to put in two helicoils in the lower mounting points for the transmission. I haven't sweated so much in my life. Minor setback.