Starting the KongQuest. LS Powered Convette Inspired Beast

autotr8er2

• 3 weeks later...

I attended the SEMA show and was able to see John's car. Awesome. Watched him race the car a bit on the autocross before I had to leave for my flight home. So cool. While I was at the show, the Optima production team interviewed me and should be airing this Friday. We'll see if I make the final production cut. My deadline has moved up to August. Going to try and make the challenge when it comes to Austin.

If any of you are working in the automotive industry from working at a garage, tire store, or any automotive related business, I encourage you to go, even if its on your own dime. It was a rewarding experience for me.

Richard

The rear before any adjustments were made.

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l543/autotr8er/Mobile%20Uploads/75165123-B413-47CF-8589-254F18018DB3.jpg

Rear. Spot on.

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l543/autotr8er/Mobile%20Uploads/2863B67A-EB36-46C9-B10D-AED45D94779B.jpg

Both of the readings. Top is the front and bottom is the rear. The red on the toe was due to not having the steering rack installed.

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l543/autotr8er/Mobile%20Uploads/0FB5EBEE-4641-4769-8016-DAE709E4DBBF.jpg

Edited by autotr8er2

looks great, I don't mind it not running but it would be great to see that body on there. keep up the great work

Its coming soon. I have to install the floors next and any additional work that I need to do on the underside. Trying desperately not to get ahead of myself. I'm eager to get the body on as well. I have an illustrator I'm working with to draw the concepts of the final body design and it would help greatly for him to see the actual roller. Stay tuned. I also have a facebook page. "580Kongquest" It's easier to share info to those outside the forum.

Richard

Edited by autotr8er2

They are comfortable as well.

So the next steps....

1. re-engineer the drive-line mounting points. Having to flip the bolt (which are welded in) and nut arrangement. The nuts will be welded to the frame and the bolts will be securing the drive-line.

2. Install the floor. Using 3/4" aluminum honeycomb for the flooring material. This will be secured by adhesive and rivets. Crossmembers will be installed for strength and to secure the seats.

3. Install the pedals and Steering column (get the position right)

4. Install the seats. (get the position right)

5. Finish the Roll cage. (Fabrication & paint)

6. Fabricate Rear shock mounts and Install/Test.

7. Fabricate Front shock mounts -

7 a. Order what I need

7 b. Install

8. Weld body to the frame

Finally a roller!!!

9. Run brake lines

10. Finish Modifying the front fenders

11. Modify the Rear Fenders

12. Fabricate the Firewall - need to make room for the A/C

13. Fabricate the wheel wells/inner fenders/tubs (Front & Rear)

14. Wiring for the Engine/Transmission (computer) -

14 a. Fuel system install/plumbing.

14 b. Get her fired up. Whoot!

15. Install the Hydroboost brake system

16. Interior - (big list)

17. Fabricate the over-fenders

18. Electrical (Wiring)

19. Glass (new windshield)

20. Paint.

21. Shred tires.

Phew! I'm still not done.

No, the SAI wasn't measured. I didn't have the steering rack, front brakes or a means to hold the air in the shocks. The toe is out as well. The two of us had to synchronize our turns as best we could. The only measurements I was worried about was front caster and camber, rear camber and thrust angle. Everything else can be tuned.

looks like you still have the bend rods on the rear, are you keeping them or going to redo the rear later?

The are not "bent" they are each uniquely engineered to the highest degree of precise geometry needed for a one of a kind Supercar!

looks bent to me.

Yep, still bent. Yes, I will redesign the rear. Sitting a little too tall. Haven't changed them because they are serving a purpose for now. The body is on the chassis now and I have to do a little more trimming on the firewall.

I may just bend the next ones as well, Xtreme, just to get you fired up. (haha) Just kidding.