89 SHP saved from the crusher

allen_hammond

I owned an 87 in college, but totaled it in 1994. To this day, I've never gotten over that car. Since then I've had a 280Z and a 240Z with an L28ET stroker swap (still have them). Ive tossed around the idea of getting another conquest for about the last year or so. I recently ran across a perfectly straight, rust free 89 Fiji blue SHP car with only 82K sitting in a metal recycling yard. Some idiot turned this in for what it's worth in scrap metal. Maybe $350? I had to jump on it. I bought it last weekend for $900, with a title. This is going to be a long project, but one I'm looking forward to. I'm sure I will be relying heavily on this site for help and advise. I will try to update this thread as I go.

post-25536-0-80266400-1381281649_thumb.jpg

post-25536-0-69958500-1381281661_thumb.jpg

post-25536-0-58440100-1381281670_thumb.jpg

post-25536-0-02342200-1381281686_thumb.jpg

Unbelievable.... it's like east coast dealers only took delivery on fiji and yellow SQs back in the day. You can't find these colors anywhere up and down the west coast..... all we get is red, white, and black... meanwhile east coast guys are just throwing their rare color SQ cars away at the local recycler.... ridiculous.....

Congratulations on the score

NICE!!! Keep us informed & "piced" on your progress! Sometime, I would like to get into a project much like Kev! Even just use his threads to "build it back!" ;)

• 5 months later...

well, after 4 months of getting the run around on the title, I returned the car to them. Not sure if they ended up crushing it or not.

File for lost title and show bill of sale from Wrecker.