what little projects you been up to lately

Shelby

well lets see in the last 4 weeks i have built a yard trailer , got a lawn mower runing and blew it up, helped swap a 92 Eclipse 5 spd non turbo trans over to a 5 spd turbo unit , recharged 4 a/c units , this last week end swaped in a new clutch into a 96 hyunda 5 spd clutch and axles . all while hobbleing arround on crutches , i do have to give credit to my helper Mike with out his help it would not have been done

but i have paid for it today , dam my leg hurts , go in for xrays tomarrow, whish the doc would have done that last week , that only means it'l be another week before he does any thing for me .

my own fault but i can't lay arround doing nothing :)

just courious what every one else has been up to

Gutted the gold car over the past month and rebuilding the engine. Now the real restore process begins.

New roof on one of my barns, wheel bearings all around on 2 subarus, all new suspension on my Caliber, brakes and general maintenance on a half dozen cars. That's about it for car stuff this summer.

Lots of little projects around the new house.

And I competed in my first triatlon last weekend where I finished third! :)

Well, it's been a crazy few months in Burton's world. Nikofab's body and paint work and my baby duties have kept me pretty damn busy, but I've also gotten the shop buildout pretty much "done". It took a year and will never really be done as I'll be adding little improvements here and there like insulation and finishing touches like paint, but other than one section of wall that needs some pegboard, everything is fairly organized and has a place. The paint booth and mixing room got built, and I have a nice little loft above them for SQ parts storage ;).

I finished up a restoration on a 1954 Nash Metropolitan earlier this year, but was waiting for the owner to get some parts rechromed. He brought it back with the chrome one day, and was supposed to pick it up the next day, and that was like 2 months ago LOL. I need more room for the next phase of Nick's car so I called him today and told him it's getting pushed outside tonight and will be staying there, so he might want to come get it.

The stay at home dad thing is really my biggest project. baby-proofing the house and various upgrades to make things cleaner and safer have taken plenty of time outside of just babysitting LOL. With a 2nd one on the way, I only see that getting worse.

I got a 74 260Z earlier this year... It was wrecked in 93 and has been sitting in a field rusting since then. I was gonna fix it, but the rust was just not worth it, so it's been getting broken down. That's not really a project tho... I haven't lifted a finger. Put it on jack stands in the shop and put up a craigslist add, and people have been coming and pulling their own parts and giving me money LOL. So far, I've pulled a little over $2k out of a $400 investment ;)

Most of my own car projects will have to wait til Nick's car is done, but then, game on. My 300Z is going to a friend's for some AC work, and an overall tune-up and check over. Once it's back, I'm finally going to get it painted and the new top on. After that, the wifey's Conquest will be getting the body touched up and a fresh re-paint.

Well I've been looking for a job now that I'm back home, which can be an exhausting endeavor in itself.. lol.

But, I put a new motor in my black car, and have some things to iron out still but it's getting there. I've also been working on an 86 I brought home a few weeks ago, i got it to run for a few second on ether in the throttle body, so a fuel pump and cleaning of the fuel system is happening now. And I helped out a buddy and replaced the fuel pump and brake master cylinder on his 88 Tsi. And when I get my black car and this 86 sorted out, I have to dig into my other project, a red 88 with no oil pressure. Oh, and I've been helping my dad do renovation work on a house originally built in the 1700s.

DAMN SHELBY WHAT DID YOU DO BEFORE YOU RETIRED.... :o

Yeah, I ask myself the same thing. His "little projects" list would take me years! lol He put's young men to shame!

Shelby, too bad you're not on this side of the world, I'd ask you to come be retired around my house for a weekend! I'd buy the brews and grill some carne asada and have the wife make some guacamole and bbq'd plantains.

Edited by louswheel01

Been fairly busy myself...installed replacement windows in garage and basement...2 of my lawn sprinklerheads needed replacements..new door springs on garage...did pulleys and belts on my truck....installed new motor in neighbors truck...installed a sliding door off my family room into yard....just started a 39 ratrod project with my good buddy bill...all while doing a complete suspension/undercarrige restoration on my starion...I thought I kept myself busy till I saw what Shelby does... Now I feel I'm not doing enough..lol

gig out

Well winters comming so been chpping wood like mad. Have some 800+ # logs still to cut up and split.

Been working on an NBA Fastbrake pinball machine trying to get it to boot up and play.

Redid all the grounding on my quest, made an update to MS, and 1/2 way though rewire EDIS still chasing random RPM spike. Should have logs tooth / triger shortly.

Scraped and painted gutters at rentals. Preping all lawns for winter.

Went though the new to me car buying process.

Dog gone... compared to y'all.. I'm just plain "lazy?" Work seems to take up most of my time. Then there's "Think'n about how... I'm gonna afford to live?" ;)

I'm gonna make a list, cuz that's the way it runs in my head...

- Working 6 days a week (~60 hrs)

- Planning our wedding (Oct. 13th)

- Buying a house (closing possible Nov. 4th): http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/15-Red-Barn-Rd_Pine-Bush_NY_12566_M34604-01252?source=web

- Spending time with my lady

- Trying to sell this: http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/pts/4056257807.html

- Sold this: http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr71/dmyers151/468B82F7-61A6-4927-AC64-E5696AB7D4F9-6345-00000266F05CE50C_zps7f16b387.jpg

- Bought this: http://i471.photobucket.com/albums/rr71/dmyers151/028D5035-5848-4DD2-9BA8-51C671A0F948-1412-0000009FD430D0DC_zpse10349e6.jpg

It's a short list, but it pretty much consumes my entire life. "Free time" has been reduced to about 3hrs on Sunday mornings when I sneak out early (7am) to ride the bike.

you know time seems to pass quicker when your bussy , that is not always a good thing :)

but i am glad to see a lot of you guys are out doing some thing not seting arround wasteing life on a vedio game or worse watching TV

Burton i can relate to the kid takeing a lot of your time but let me tell you one day you will look back and say of all the things you have done in life, that was the most rewarding and worth while thing you have ever done , most men have to spend that time working their rears off just trying to provide for their family and kids and don't get to spend the bonding time with them that is so important in a great family relationship , i was one of those but i try'd to make up for that with my g-kids as much as i could

the rest of you good job , and i can relate to working 24/7 with no time off for self but we do wehat we have to do right

:) couple of you need to get off your buts and do some thing hehe

Burton i can relate to the kid takeing a lot of your time but let me tell you one day you will look back and say of all the things you have done in life, that was the most rewarding and worth while thing you have ever done , most men have to spend that time working their rears off just trying to provide for their family and kids and don't get to spend the bonding time with them that is so important in a great family relationship , i was one of those but i try'd to make up for that with my g-kids as much as i could

Yeah, I'm glad I get to spend that time with my kids. My father worked all the time when I was growing up so I hardly ever saw him. I'm not going to be that way with my kids. Of all the "jobs" I've ever had, being a dad is the best one yet, even if it is difficult sometimes. It's also the least I've been paid for a "job" too ;)

Yeah, I'm glad I get to spend that time with my kids. My father worked all the time when I was growing up so I hardly ever saw him. I'm not going to be that way with my kids. Of all the "jobs" I've ever had, being a dad is the best one yet, even if it is difficult sometimes. It's also the least I've been paid for a "job" too ;)

least you've been paid , man you can't place a $$ value on what a hug and kiss and a love ya daddy is worth ,,

such simple words I never once had reason to say when I was a child , never heard the words I love you son eather

a simple couple words but they hold a world of meaning ,, I have tried to make sure each of my babys hear and know what they mean

I count my self lucky to have met you and your beautiful wife in person , your both super people

and any man thinks its an easy job don't know jack;

yeah, I hear ya. That smile and her laugh is all I need to be in a good mood. I've had a rough patch the past month or so. My grandfather was diagnosed with cancer in early August, and passed about a week and a half ago. The first week after his death was really hard for me, and I'd wake up every morning depressed until I went into MJ's room and there she was standing in her crib with a huge smile, super happy to see me. Hard to be sad around that. I heard "I love you" from my mom a lot... not so much from my dad. I bet my daughter is gonna be sick of hearing it by the time she's 5 because I say it so much LOL.

That's another project I forgot about... I'm gonna have to be helping my grandma out the next few months to help get her moved, and her car sold and such. Kinda went thru this with both of my grandparents a little over a year ago when they moved from their big house to a smaller one. Had to help them scale down, and get stuff moved, but also got all of my grandfather's tools out of his workshop, essentially doubled the amount of tools I had overnight. It's been a little emotional for me out in the shop since his passing, being surrounded by a lot of his stuff, but I know in the future it will make me happy to be around that stuff, and every time I go to open one of the hardware bins, or grab one of the tools he gave me, it will be like shaking his hand.

Oh, and just because....

998628_310211175792334_1997873340_n.jpg

Edited by Burton

Oh, and sorry for bringing some sorrow to your thread, so lets see if I can turn it around with some happy pics.

Here's what the shop's looking like nowadays...

1237572_10200155781732197_337553034_n.jpg

1239566_10200155781572193_1913659183_n.jpg

530557_10200155777292086_557235022_n.jpg

1234307_10200155790252410_426348586_n.jpg

1231523_10200155786732322_1812863793_n.jpg

547490_10200155783212234_1606462985_n.jpg

1016433_10200155782812224_4085054_n.jpg

993345_10200155782252210_160857881_n.jpg

558215_10200155790732422_851701030_n.jpg

1238936_10200155784412264_1078043334_n.jpg

1231676_10200155792212459_1718066459_n.jpg

1235977_10200155785172283_319176905_n.jpg

530548_10200155770731922_1342189148_n.jpg

It's come a long way since last June...

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10126/389260_2980841414996_1680761901_1961651_1048690332_n.jpghttp://www.26liter.us/gallery/albums/userpics/10126/179509_2980839974960_1680761901_1961649_1676105529_n.jpg

• Like 1

My Pathfinder has bumpers that are a tad thicker than the fenders. I pulled the bumper and welded some square stock to the bumper for reinforcement. While the bumper was off I stripped the paint off and resprayed them black. I made a small push bar also. I'm waiting for some hid fog lights to go on sale. Then attach them to the bar.

I still have to pull the rear bumper and paint it.

My Pathfinder has bumpers that are a tad thicker than the fenders. I pulled the bumper and welded some square stock to the bumper for reinforcement. While the bumper was off I stripped the paint off and resprayed them black. I made a small push bar also. I'm waiting for some hid fog lights to go on sale. Then attach them to the bar.

I still have to pull the rear bumper and paint it.

man they stoped makeing bumpers years ago,, :(

Burton you are now officaly on my I HATE you list , love that shop man :) i'd of had me one , was geting ready to start building it the year i had open heart sugery in 2001 ,,that was the end of that

oh well life goes on,,

and that pic is not sorrow it's a pic of love

998628_310211175792334_1997873340_n.jpg