Black 88 SHP 5 Speed ( Drag Car ) PART OUT

brianpaul98

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone I just wanted to give an update on this car. It's getting close to the time that it needs to go and I would prefer to someone who can use the parts than the scrapyard. There are enough good parts left on this car that makes it worth stripping down and then scrap whatever is left. I just don't have the time of space to do it here.

Here is a list of the parts that are still on the car :

Stock engine less head (runs great)

Stock Radiator

Nice 88 / 89 5 speed transmission that shifts very well w/ 240mm Centerforce DF setup

Near new relay rod and new oem passengers side lower control arm thanks to a careless towing company

There are long lug nut studs in the back for drag racing and I have the long studs for the front somewhere

9" SHP rear rims

7" NON SHP front rims

Black cloth front seats and leather back seats, most of the interior is still in the car.

I have the 88/ 89 Ignitor and ECU

Stock rear and 6 bolt axles

I will try to post some pics later today so anyone interested can get an idea what they are getting. I work up in the Bridgeport / Sweedsboro / Pennsville area so it's not a problem for me to meet you up in that area with the car.

Tow bar goes with it and it tows great.

$800.00

• 3 months later...
I have finally settled back into my own place again and I still have this car. It's at my house here in the Bridgport / Pennsville NJ area and it's also close to Pa, Delaware right off I-295 exit 10. Anyone interested let me know, I'd like to see it have a new home.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't had a chance to get on here in a while. The 9" SHP's sold to a guy that was after them from the day I posted the car for sale. There are still a lot of good, near new and very usable parts on this car.

Here is a list of the parts that are still on the car :

Stock engine less head (runs great)

Stock Radiator

Nice 88 / 89 5 speed transmission that shifts very well w/ 240mm Centerforce DF setup

Near new relay rod and new oem passengers side lower control arm thanks to a careless towing company

There are long lug nut studs in the back for drag racing and I have the long studs for the front somewhere

7" NON SHP front rims

Black cloth front seats and leather back seats, most of the interior is still in the car.

I have the 88/ 89 ECU

Stock rear and 6 bolt axles

Decent Conquest Tail Lights

If you need something specific just ask. I want to keep the car as a roller so it can be towed away.

Price drop on the car, $500 tows it away

Torque tube is there and was in good shape last I checked it when I pulled out the rear pumpkin. You said :

good torque tube assembly diff...

Do you need the rear diff also? I have one from my 89 starion but its a little rusty since it was a Pa car all its life.

in need of a good torque tube assembly diff...

mine has a lot of slop.and needs to be replaced on the Fiji.

Hey Brian:

How you been?

On that rear diff....do you know what that rear plug is on top of it or where to get 1? I am in need of that plug and am coming up empty on it and any info..

Thanks

Can't imagine running the car without it..

That upper plug on the rear is just like a rubber plug that pushes in. It may be vented because its got sort of a bulbous head on it... I never looked at it close enought to see for sure. I would imagine it's got to be a vent plug since I don't remember there being any other vents on the housing. If you posted up in the parts wanted I would imagine someone would be willing to give you one.

Hey Brian:

How you been?

On that rear diff....do you know what that rear plug is on top of it or where to get 1? I am in need of that plug and am coming up empty on it and any info..

Thanks

Can't imagine running the car without it..

It's been quite some time since I've been under there so I'll have to look. The car is from Delaware and sat for years in North Carolina. I'll get under there and look for you as soon as the rain stops.

What's the undercarriage look like on this thing?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply, I've been struggling with a chest cold for over a week and tomorrow is the last day of antibiotics thankfully. Took a look under the car today and its about what I would expect from a norhtern car with 160 plus grand on it... Crushed in frame rails, rust, cobwebs... not exactly what I would consider putting back on the road which is why I'm selling it for parts. The engine / trans / flywheel and clutch setup are well worth $500 that I'm asking...

What's the undercarriage look like on this thing?