Texas National StarQuest Meet: TSQ 2014

NikoFab

The thing most don't understand, unless they've attended a Mesquite meet... the cars should be road ready so no wrenching needed, wrench at home you have ample time.... the cars are the why we get together, but it's the coming together of so many good people that makes it a memorable event....

The thing most don't understand, unless they've attended a Mesquite meet... the cars should be road ready so no wrenching needed, wrench at home you have ample time.... the cars are the why we get together, but it's the coming together of so many good people that makes it a memorable event....

Well, if you've attended other meets, you'd know that sometimes if there isn't a wrench day during a meet, not everyone will be getting home LOL. At PF 06 Kate's car needed a whole top end rebuild to get the car home as it broke down 15 miles outside of town. That meet was not only the most stressful for us, because of the car breaking down, but also the most touching, because there were no fewer than 10 people damn near fighting each other trying to help get Kate's car going again.

Some of the best times I've had at meets were tinkering with people's cars, getting to know them, and helping people fix an issue they couldn't figure out on there own, but were able to take care of because of all the knowledge there with different people.

Make it a longer event with "Race Day, Wrench Day, Relax Day" focusing upon hitting the tracks one day, working on the cars and sharing each others' knowledge another day, and then a social day...or something like that.

And then we'll all come back a week later and do the raffle and car show , it can all be condensed into 48 hours with careful planning , not everyone can make a 3 day meet and some have to leave earlier than others , it's the way it is and no doubt will be , Saturday and Sunday have to be the main "meet" days .

it could be similar to pigeon forge.. its basically a saturday sunday gig but some people show up on thursday...

basically lets say most of the "event" is on saturday and sunday but if people who can make it a day or so earlier feel free.. you call can meet up and hang out at the motel or whatever..

And then we'll all come back a week later and do the raffle and car show , it can all be condensed into 48 hours with careful planning , not everyone can make a 3 day meet and some have to leave earlier than others , it's the way it is and no doubt will be , Saturday and Sunday have to be the main "meet" days .
Absolutely. That doesnt mean there is no room to plan in or organize stuff on Thursday or Friday, while keeping the main events on the weekends. Some folks are driving 1000+ miles and it makes sense for them to plan more of a "vacation" around the event instead of just a "weekend". Would it be a smaller group? without a doubt. Could it make the experience more memorable and rewarding for some folks? Likely. It comes down to how much extra work it puts on the organizers and how much demand/response there would be to extending the event by a day or two or whatever. Maybe it is a bad idea, who knows. I felt it was at least worth exploring and was hoping not to get shot down immediately, lol.
I have been to a Mesquite meet, BrazilBoy. Some of my most memorable moments of the event include fixing the crapstastic O'Reilly alternator that I had put in just a week earlier when it went out at the general store right at the start of the strip and the long night of getting my truck/trailer from the hotel and running to get the quest that had the engine blow on the way back from LV to Mesquite and towing it to the hotel. Additionally, I think we collectively have so much talent for upgrading and modding our cars and having time to share that info with each other could be valuable to the community as a whole for keeping our cars on the road. A road worthy car can still have room to be modded or upgraded or made more stable for its owner.Regardless, just a suggestion for NikoFab in the spirit of brainstorming. I'm fine either way, personally. Edited by averse

Some will arrive early and stay late, like i usually do in PF. Those who do that will get together and go for a drive, let the wives do some shopping, drink in the hotel parking lot, etc. Everything is not planned by the meet host unless a suggestion is implied for those days. Enjoy the scheduled time events and do whatever pleases you during the down time.

Wrenching time ? well yeah :blink: there will be a parking lot full of terds and you KNOW some are going to break :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, we've all heard complaints from past meets... either there were too many eventa and people felt oblicgated to do them all and wished there was more "hang out" time, or we get this where people want more stuff. Nicks getting some great events planned, but none of them are mandatory. I'm sure once he gets things nailed down for the two "main" days he will come up with some events or at least a list of things to do for those people who are looking to come early or stay late.

I'm hoping to be there from Friday til Monday, but that will depend on the wife's vacation time. Maybe Friday and Monday can be wrenching days for those making a longer trip of it? Friday night peeps can fix the issues that sprung up on the way there and have their cars ready for the track events and cruises and such. Then Monday another wrenching day to fix all the stuff broken at the track so the cars can get home?

No matter what, there's plenty of things to do in the area, so there's something there for everyone, wether it is a planned event or not.

Yeah, we've all heard complaints from past meets... either there were too many eventa and people felt oblicgated to do them all and wished there was more "hang out" time, or we get this where people want more stuff. Nicks getting some great events planned, but none of them are mandatory. I'm sure once he gets things nailed down for the two "main" days he will come up with some events or at least a list of things to do for those people who are looking to come early or stay late.

I'm hoping to be there from Friday til Monday, but that will depend on the wife's vacation time. Maybe Friday and Monday can be wrenching days for those making a longer trip of it? Friday night peeps can fix the issues that sprung up on the way there and have their cars ready for the track events and cruises and such. Then Monday another wrenching day to fix all the stuff broken at the track so the cars can get home?

No matter what, there's plenty of things to do in the area, so there's something there for everyone, wether it is a planned event or not.

I like where you're going with the idea. I am planning on making a full week out of the trip, so I'd be down. Depending on the time of year of the event I might even plan RenFest the weekend piror or after :)

i really want to make this meet. i think it would be awesome.. but thats a long long trip for me

It will be awesome ! and you have Toyota reliability under the hood ( don't tell CAL ) DOO EET ! :)

Dont make us challenge you to a drift "show". I have access to a vinyl cutter. Im sure I could print enough gay pride flags off the net to score the "points" to beat you. haha