What all can go?? Want to clean up & clear out engine bay..

I've read about a/c, currently 50% done. Considering ABS. I've noticed the secondary air and was told that can go. What I'm wondering is what exactly the black can by ps reservoir is and if can be taken out. Also there's the same sort of black can mounted to air filter canister, which has a hose connected to bottom, one to filter canister and also valve cover, can I remove that and what exactly is it? With all the hoses and random canisters on this car some have to be able to be removed. If not, are there other things I can do? Thanks

Black canister near p/s resevoir is stored vaccum for hvac system, remove it and youll have issues with having your heater ac functions working correctly in boost. Black canister near intake dont remove that it will only cause nasty issues, people often take it out and plug them up into the accordian pipe and then realise that they are missing oil, well guess what, all that oil just entered your intercooler and piping and what not. As for vacums, everything can be removed except for the one off the intake going to your hvac resevoir, brake booster, vacum advance and fuel pressure regulator. When removing the charcoal canister do not plug the fuel tank vent line with the little filter looking thing connected to it. If your keeping your cruise, ull need to keep a vacum for that too

get a gm maf with a maf-t to get rid of the big air can then get rid of the vapour canister, abs gone and relocate the p/s reservoir where the abs used to be, get exhaust wrap and a turbo blanket then chuck the huge heat shields, if you want to do it then do a wire tuck into the quarter panel, do a cruise control delete and replace the stock rad fans with some slim ones that put out a bit more cfm

If you get rid of the secondary air, get ready for a new down pipe ($) because your probably already clogged precat will be completely clogged without that air injection to burn left over fuel. If you get rid of your oil separator, you'll need a couple things, first you'll need to read up on all the tricks to keep your dipstick in under boost and you'll also need to put cardboard down in your garage because your engine will leak out of every seal it has or get an after market oil separator that looks pretty($). If you get rid of your EGR, once again, new down pipe($) because the precat is going to clog also you lose good gas mileage($). Everything does something. If you want a race car engine bay, spend the money to do it right because pretty much once you start "cleaning up" the engine bay you need mods to make it right.

• 2 years later...

Where can I get a new secondary intake pipe as mine has rusted off the back of ether precat. I no longer have the second cat, as it was deleted and to pass inspection I need the precat I guess. Any info on what I can replace that with or just gut the precat to keep it from clogging. Also can seafoam be run through the turbo to clean it out or is that s bad idea