Megasquirt/FIP/other standalones, harnesses

scott87star

The current state of the art, MS3 pro module in a Starquest case:

http://picturehosting.com/images/oblique9881/ms3proinstarquestcase.jpg

Real time clock.

8 Gig datalog SDcard.

Accepts the Starquest Knock sensor. Yes, it does. Stock.

Way too cool.

So, there are 10 extra wires in a stock Starquest ECU for inputs/outputs, you can run fully sequential ignition and injection on a MPI conversion along with an idle valve, electronic boost control, flex fuel without replacing your harness........ what are you waiting for? The absolute BEST value in aftermarket ECU's anywhere. Fully installed and tuned its less than half the price of ANY off the shelf aftermarket units (that need to be installed and tuned).

There are solutions, pulling a new harness IS the way to go in many instances. Tim's car at TSQ2014 for instance had a short in the harness between the main relay and the fuel injector resistor pack. Really? (I said to myself in amazement after Jeff and BOHO figured it out).

The SD data logging is pretty neat in the MS3, you can set it to automatically log on a software trigger, like boost level or rpm. That way you don't need to be connected and every time you go above your preset it logs, say 10 psi boost. With 8 Gig you can drive for years and if you need to review what its doing routinely above 10 psi you've got a lot of logs to look at.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I think I'm OK on cases for the moment, its supposed to be a core exchange thing and not everyone is good about returning stuff but some guys return all kinds of stuff. I was short on dizzy's but SOTTY helped me out. But I and I'm sure the community thank you for your offer.

• 1 month later...
I have not used it, thought of picking one up to try but haven't yet. You can use it with any MS or other aftermarket as it communicates directly to your laptop or other device, then you just import the data into megalogviewer along with the appropriate datalog.

MS Droid allows you to log GPS data along with your datalogs using the GPS already in your device, a tablet in my case. It's pretty cool. As the log progresses so does the dot on your map.

Here is an example of that it looks like

http://www.msdroid.com/img/screenshot/log_and_route_2.png

• 1 month later...
Id be interested in a system for a 4G6x swapped SQ soon as i get my hands on the car. I like the idea of a clean new plug and play electrical system for the car.

The plug and play systems are designed to plug into the factory wiring harness, it sounds like you want a new harness. I have solutions there as well.

What a thread this is... scott you are an artist man.

I'll be running a mostly stock setup for a while, but a small project I am interested in doing is adding an arduino controller to the car to add some I/O for auxiliary sensors / warning lights, and possibly even parking sensors (no airdam scrapes).

You ever work with any of that?

No specifically an arduino but a controller is a controller, I've been doing chemical process control for 30 years now. It's all the same under the hood.

• 1 month later...

Scott I just purchased a Magna MPI and will be looking at engine controllers. Will the MS3 mounted in a stock case with a new engine harness for MPI be something you could do? You can PM with info if you like. Thanks

Steven

Done it several times so yes, I can do that. Tell me more about what part of the harness you want new as putting the new ECU in a stock case is really intended to utilize the factory wiring. The only difference between TBI and MPI to the wiring it two more injector clips. Unless you go full sequential injection like my MPI car and I have factory wiring solutions for that too.