anyone in the marines?

Rah Dude

well, first off...mistapickels... you forgot that you were issued suntan lotion and sunglasses out in Cali.lol

Parris Island is where it began. nuff said.

and quickstarion... were you in the Marines? or in the service at all? a lot of people can talk the talk. but when it comes down to it, its all about the training. Ive been out over 20 yrs now and can still pick up a rifle and shoot bulls at 500 yds all day long. the ones that drop out are mentally incapable of withstanding the daily mental beating giving out by the Drill Instructors. others fail due to physical problems. Being a Marine is more than wearing a uniform. Its a state of mind, knowing that you are part of the worlds smallest and yet toughest fighting force on the planet. Yes the graduation rate is high. Recruiters help keep that in check too. The process starts with them. Used to be, they would take anybody. But times have changed. They will not take you without your high school diploma. and good God, they wont take you with tats. Marines are who we are, a band of brothers that stick together to the end...

dont mean to offend anyone here, just my thoughts on the matter.

So you learned how to use a tool that has no application outside the military sounds great. Also those who wouldn't conform mentally to being told what to think and having no opinions of their own were weeded out, sounds even better. That state of mind is having a blank mind doing what you are told and what your state of mind is. Those who choose not to submit to deindividuation are deemed not good enough because they make creating cognitive dissonance harder for the military leaders. So if you want to make sweating your tail off in a humvee while some dude yells at you or sweating your tail of while you run around while some dude yells at you, sound like the best time of your life go ahead, but I'm not drinking the coolaid.

So you learned how to use a tool that has no application outside the military sounds great. Also those who wouldn't conform mentally to being told what to think and having no opinions of their own were weeded out, sounds even better. That state of mind is having a blank mind doing what you are told and what your state of mind is. Those who choose not to submit to deindividuation are deemed not good enough because they make creating cognitive dissonance harder for the military leaders. So if you want to make sweating your tail off in a humvee while some dude yells at you or sweating your tail of while you run around while some dude yells at you, sound like the best time of your life go ahead, but I'm not drinking the coolaid.

I see you are trying to express your intelligence over members of the Marine Corps by using big words that are misspelled but what you don't and probably can't understand is the yelling is mainly only in bootcamp and it's purpose isn't to tell you what to do and think. It's purpose is to get you THINK normally and LEARN under stressful conditions, extremely stressful situations. Also it's purpose is to make you understand you're PHYSICALLY and MENTALLY stronger than what you think and to push your perceived limits. If your only experience with bootcamp is watching Full Metal Jacket, yeah, you come up with the idiotic speculation you just came up with. I was encouraged to be as creative and individual as I ventured to be, also to continue to push my physical and mental boundries. So let me clear something up for you, bootcamp has some yelling for the first month, second maybe then that's it. I never got yelled at during active duty, mainly because I was an individual and free thinker. If I was a gambling man, I'd bet you tried to get in and was denied, bitter. So, stop talking out of your tail.

Lol MARINE = Men Always Riding In Navy Equipment ;)

Got out of the Navy in April, gotta love it when you pretty much get laid off by the Navy, but always a catch lol. Severance pay + obliserv 3 more years in IRR haha. Had a lot of fun from 2005-2013 as a Aircraft Mechanic. I've worked with Marines both aviation side and when I was in Afcrapistan doing Detainee Ops with mostly National Guard lol.

These days no one is really recruiting much, best to wait for us to go to war again lol. My old roommate is a Navy recruiter, their quota is only 2-3 tops.

Lol MARINE = Men Always Riding In Navy Equipment ;)

Got out of the Navy in April, gotta love it when you pretty much get laid off by the Navy, but always a catch lol. Severance pay + obliserv 3 more years in IRR haha. Had a lot of fun from 2005-2013 as a Aircraft Mechanic. I've worked with Marines both aviation side and when I was in Afcrapistan doing Detainee Ops with mostly National Guard lol.

These days no one is really recruiting much, best to wait for us to go to war again lol. My old roommate is a Navy recruiter, their quota is only 2-3 tops.

As I recall you were always cooking our food and cleaning our laundry on the ships I was on....lol gotta love that girlfriend status....lol

I had a lot of Navy friends, some of you squids were tough as hell.....

I see you are trying to express your intelligence over members of the Marine Corps by using big words that are misspelled but what you don't and probably can't understand is the yelling is mainly only in bootcamp and it's purpose isn't to tell you what to do and think. It's purpose is to get you THINK normally and LEARN under stressful conditions, extremely stressful situations. Also it's purpose is to make you understand you're PHYSICALLY and MENTALLY stronger than what you think and to push your perceived limits. If your only experience with bootcamp is watching Full Metal Jacket, yeah, you come up with the idiotic speculation you just came up with. I was encouraged to be as creative and individual as I ventured to be, also to continue to push my physical and mental boundries. So let me clear something up for you, bootcamp has some yelling for the first month, second maybe then that's it. I never got yelled at during active duty, mainly because I was an individual and free thinker. If I was a gambling man, I'd bet you tried to get in and was denied, bitter. So, stop talking out of your tail.

Oh yeah what words are misspelled exactly? I don't think you know how to spell exactly. And second of I'm am just trying to prove a point using facts. No trying to sound smart, just spoke of what exactly is done there. Spoke to plenty of friends to get the gist of boot camp. They teach you how to become a good little drone while making you think you are being creative. I have never tried to get in and have no bitterness. Why? Because I went to school and college to get an education.

Oh yeah what words are misspelled exactly? I don't think you know how to spell exactly. And second of I'm am just trying to prove a point using facts. No trying to sound smart, just spoke of what exactly is done there. Spoke to plenty of friends to get the gist of boot camp. They teach you how to become a good little drone while making you think you are being creative. I have never tried to get in and have no bitterness. Why? Because I went to school and college to get an education.

I'm college educated also, only joined as a reservist because I didn't pass a certain test at MEPS to become a pilot, and yes it was a signed contract not a promise. Anywho, what you are saying is, you have second hand knowledge of people who might or might not be what the military calls "s*** birds" and have determined that's what everything is about??? That's kind of like looking at the outside of a car and telling why it doesn't work... I'm through discussing this with you because what's the point, you've got the whole world figured out by what friends say.

Mistapickels... I agree with you 100%

if nothing else quickStarion... show us Vets some respect...

wow this went off topic. The guy couldnt get in cause of tats. Try the Army if you still want in the service.

• Like 1

As I recall you were always cooking our food and cleaning our laundry on the ships I was on....lol gotta love that girlfriend status....lol

I had a lot of Navy friends, some of you squids were tough as hell.....

Well that was the case on the amphibs lol, I was only on the flight deck of a Aircraft Carrier most of the time or my last Squadron I left, they don't deploy to ships. Just antiques from Vietnam, hunting submarines and drug runners lol.

You used no facts at all. At best you used speculation and/or second hand info from "friends". It's beyond stupid to argue with people who have experienced something when you have no legitimate knowledge of the subject and then claim you are intelligent in any way.

quickStarion will not be able to reply to this thread or any other. We need to get off each other and get back on topic. It took all branches of service, WORKING TOGETHER, to put together our awesome war-machine. I was in the Air Force and I respect all other branches for the part they play. Jimmy

lol @ the chair force!

/runs away from the admin! :P

if the air force recruiters office had been one door closer...i would have joined the air force :D

Edited by Walker

agreed Dad. a lot of my friends now are former Air Force. And it does take all the branches of the military to accomplish even the smallest task. Without the Air Force pounding the snot out of the landing site, the Navy giving us Marines a ride to the beach and the Army... well... what did the Army do...lol just kidding. Pulling up the rear to occupy the land the Marines took.

I wish you good fortune in your pursuit of a military career.

I'm not Dad but it takes all branches to be successful. How many of the people in the mid-east right now are anything but Army? I would venture to guess that the Army has the majority of the ground forces there doing their best to stay alive and protect what has been taken from the enemy.

Jimmy

Rofl. Anytime I see the word "Airforce" my brain automatically interprets it as Chairforce too.

All the branches were ready to work together for a brewing beatdown lol.

We all talk s*** about each branch, but it's all in good fun ;).

Prior to deploying to Afghanistan, I went through 2 months of a crash course in being Army, a MP and basic combatant down at Fort Bliss...unfortunately Army M16 qualification does not transfer over to Navy qualification requirements lol.

US Narmy Saildier! When Army Strong just isn't enough!

• Like 1

Rofl. Anytime I see the word "Airforce" my brain automatically interprets it as Chairforce too.

All the branches were ready to work together for a brewing beatdown lol.

We all talk s*** about each branch, but it's all in good fun ;).

Prior to deploying to Afghanistan, I went through 2 months of a crash course in being Army, a MP and basic combatant down at Fort Bliss...unfortunately Army M16 qualification does not transfer over to Navy qualification requirements lol.

US Narmy Saildier! When Army Strong just isn't enough!

Or you could just get a Marine and be done with it... but yeah, there's a brotherhood there where we all can talk trash about each other but YOU better not say anything or it's trouble...

Tim (76coltgalant) is a real 'murican.

I'm buying lots of booze, so you got no excuse this weekend lol.

-Robert

Dude, I still got a half gallon of Apple Pie left and 1.5 gallons of jungle juice.

Edited by 76ColtGalant