What non SQ Car Have You Always Wanted to Restore/Molest?

infamos

Is your supra made of stainless?

No, but one's a metallic silver and another is a light blue metallic which sometimes looks close to stainless in color in certain lighting.

There was a 959 replica for sale down the road for me a couple years ago. Thought it was the real thing until saw the engine. Had a 350 in it that was worked over pretty good. Guy claimed it was fast as all get out but wouldn't let me drive it. Edited by psu_Crash

My next project cars I hope to aquire and build someday is a Suzuki Samurai lifted with big tires and either a Cummins 4BT turbo diesel swap or Isuzu NPR turbo diesel swap. And a super clean Galant VR4 sleeper. :wub:

Also far fetched but a thought is a challenger/sapporro drift mo'chine. Ls1, T56 tranny, starion 6-bolt rear end, coilovers, etc, etc.

Edited by TexasQuest

My favorite car of all time is the Lotus Esprit. I have one, but I wouldn't do anything to it. If something horrible happened to the fragile engine thought I'd want to build a turbo Ecotech for it.

Here are some other mixes I've wanted for a long time. Just grabbed some pics of the cars so people would know what they looks like. To me the goal of such swaps would be a stock look.

Lancia Scorpio with 3.0L Ford SHO swap. It would be massive fun. the SHO engines can make about 250HP without too much work and the Lancia was known for being super light (and rusting out within a week of water exposure).

http://bringatrailer.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/1977_Lancia_Scorpion_Monte_Carlo_Turbo_Rear_1.jpg

Porsche 914 with a Subaru STI engine. Boxer engine, meet place designed boxer engine. There are quiet a few folks runnning around with this swap. Very very fast.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-wDw41H8h91w/TXNhQzWRxvI/AAAAAAAAAI8/wAWshHT1iuk/s1600/Porsche_914.jpg

240z with turbo 280zx machanicals. I love seeing early versions of cars equipt with newer same make running gear. An RB25 would also be cool under the classics Zs hood

http://www.zcargarage.com/images/1971-240z-blue-on-the-track-475x356_hook-007.jpg

Mk2 Supra with a 1JZ-T or 2JZ-T swap. Again, probably the best looking Supra with the most potent more modern power plant. I wouldn't even up the boost; It would be plenty fast.

http://suprasonic.org/gte/highgte.jpg

And lastly I've always wanted a '69 Plymouth Superbird 440 or Satellite (The pic is of a hemi-car , but I like that green). I think to are beautiful. I don't care for the GTX as much and if it were a satellite I probably would care what engine it have in it. I just love the lines.

http://www.hotrodhotel.com/images/forsale/plymouth_roadrunner_1969/1969_roadrunner_large.jpg

this one's easy but i never was able to find one, my 68 Road Runner , no post hard top auto , it was a late season option , lots of 69's and 4 spds cars but auto cars were hard to find

it wa actualy trim'd as a blk with red strip 68GTX , as far as i could find out only 10 were sold in 68 , lots were sold in 69 and 70 tho

I didn't know the 240z went back that far. There is one at the import shop that's working on one of my cars. They are doing an engine swap with a 2jz I believe.

Yup! There's even some rarities with the 69-73 240's and 260's! The high performance dual single barrel carbs BEFORE they pulled the emissions bull in 73 or 74. Also some important physical features such as the hatch vents and the full logo that weren't even in the early 280z's that ALSO stopped around 73-74. All the parts I have are original from the 69 240 cassis! Still have the chassis too but it's just about too far gone. We'll just get a good chassis and throw the original 69 stuff in it as well as the 69 physical rarities.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-qR7898zwwr8/TdSyUHxux4I/AAAAAAAAAko/VvoEK07iZ2o/s1600/600hp_Silver_240Z_by_datsunfreak.jpg

One other I'd like to restore/molest/own would be a De Tomaso Pantera. Thoooose things are sexy! :D

http://ericpetersautos.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/pantera-wing.jpg

• Like 1

My favorite car of all time is the Lotus Esprit. I have one, but I wouldn't do anything to it. If something horrible happened to the fragile engine thought I'd want to build a turbo Ecotech for it.

Here are some other mixes I've wanted for a long time. Just grabbed some pics of the cars so people would know what they looks like. To me the goal of such swaps would be a stock look.

Lancia Scorpio with 3.0L Ford SHO swap. It would be massive fun. the SHO engines can make about 250HP without too much work and the Lancia was known for being super light (and rusting out within a week of water exposure).

Porsche 914 with a Subaru STI engine. Boxer engine, meet place designed boxer engine. There are quiet a few folks runnning around with this swap. Very very fast.

240z with turbo 280zx machanicals. I love seeing early versions of cars equipt with newer same make running gear. An RB25 would also be cool under the classics Zs hood

Mk2 Supra with a 1JZ-T or 2JZ-T swap. Again, probably the best looking Supra with the most potent more modern power plant. I wouldn't even up the boost; It would be plenty fast.

And lastly I've always wanted a '69 Plymouth Superbird 440 or Satellite (The pic is of a hemi-car , but I like that green). I think to are beautiful. I don't care for the GTX as much and if it were a satellite I probably would care what engine it have in it. I just love the lines.

I love the lotus esprit and the mk2 supra. I would like to get a 2000 some day. The lancia i'm vaguely familar with. I have a few pictures of a lancia but I don't know if it's the same line of vehicle. This example is stock and I like how they come with deep disk wheels. They use these as ATVs in Europe.

http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g362/unix88/group4fitted_zpsc97d25bc.jpg

I love the 69 sport satellite. I have a friend that works at Bandimere Drag Strip and he races a white 69 sport satellite, which is immaculate.

Edited by infamos

this one's easy but i never was able to find one, my 68 Road Runner , no post hard top auto , it was a late season option , lots of 69's and 4 spds cars but auto cars were hard to find

it wa actualy trim'd as a blk with red strip 68GTX , as far as i could find out only 10 were sold in 68 , lots were sold in 69 and 70 tho

I was unaware that the 68 automatics were rare. In 70 the four speeds are rare and the automatics are plentiful.

I was unaware that the 68 automatics were rare. In 70 the four speeds are rare and the automatics are plentiful.

thats easy to understand by 1970 they had learn'd the auto's were faster :)

:) you had to use one of them 11" heavy duty clutch sytems to learn to hate them ,,takes a darn good leg to hold them down for any time lol

thats easy to understand by 1970 they had learn'd the auto's were faster :)

:) you had to use one of them 11" heavy duty clutch sytems to learn to hate them ,,takes a darn good leg to hold them down for any time lol

No joke. My 69 camaro has a rediculous presure plate in it. At your avrage light if you don't toss it in nutral your leg starts shaking in no time.

I must admit that the clutch is an issue while cruising at the car cruises while traffic is backed up. My foot hurts the next few days and I'm a runner so it's an issue but I like the pistol grip. The hurst shifter and pistol grip get a lot of attention at car shows.

VW Bus, 70+ preferred, with the Vanagan package or Westfalia. No joke. Just to have a nice clean reliable runner with modern touches like disc brakes and AC. It's a childhood thing, reminds me of my dad, he owned a few.

A first generation M3, so I can roll with all the douche owner's in L.A. 1/2 jokingly.

VW Bus, 70+ preferred, with the Vanagan package or Westfalia. No joke. Just to have a nice clean reliable runner with modern touches like disc brakes and AC. It's a childhood thing, reminds me of my dad, he owned a few.

A first generation M3, so I can roll with all the douche owner's in L.A. 1/2 jokingly.

my oldest girl had an 72 vanagan thing got 40 mpg never gave her any trouble , so she sold it for $200

I must admit that the clutch is an issue while cruising at the car cruises while traffic is backed up. My foot hurts the next few days and I'm a runner so it's an issue but I like the pistol grip. The hurst shifter and pistol grip get a lot of attention at car shows.

man those were the days up town to burger king, back down town to big boys , repeat all night

i had the perfict toy for that tho 57 phy savoy ( think Christine ) 413 cid with shave'd heads , long ram intake

3:55 rear gears , once you got the hang of them carbs you could roll up to them trafic bumps and jump over them with a tap of the gas petal ,, nothing on the road had more rear wheel tourqe ( includeing the Hemi 426 )

at low rpms

my oldest girl had an 72 vanagan thing got 40 mpg never gave her any trouble , so she sold it for $200

No kidding?! Those things are getting harder to come by. My dad had one of those multi windows on the roof models, forget the year. But it didn't last long, got stollen off the front of our place in Hollywood. I know it ended up in the hands of some gang banger lower rider lowlife who either stripped/ chopped it or changed VINS on it.

^ awesome car, needs a big v8 :D

i'm doing this one right now

next is

Olive is in the mix as well, so little time :wacko: i've had the 88 shp fiji for six years now, finally got the title :D it's last in line :(

I have a 91 360 out of my ramcharger it has roller cam and lifters and only 111k on it. never worked hard.

3k with the TBI and computer or 2500 longblock

Edited by ghinckley68