new owner with some problems

I have a complete stock exhaust from my '88 and a steering column from an old '86 you can have free.(I think the wiper stalk is still on it.)

I live in St. Charles.

I probably have a few other things still laying around you can have.

Let me know if you are interested.

yes rich i remember you i went on the wine tasting trip with kenneth fuchs at the end of the day at meremac cavers you gave me a lift back to st. charles at my aunt house at the time i was the young guy handing out the energy drinks. but i would be more then interested you give me the time and place i will be there it would be much appreciated .

thanx sean.

so since today was a nice i decided to clean and paint some parts today i could not find the color blue i was originally looking for but i found a nice looking Chrysler blue so i started by painting one part to see how it would look well it looked good enough for me to go ahead and paint all of the parts and it turned out great. Let me know what you all think thanx sean

• Like 1

i am one step closer to getting my quest ready for its first ever car show on may 19th it has never seen a car show and it is about time for it to happen. I got a few more parts to day oil pan gasket,sway bar frame bushings, all i need now is my timing chain, and head bolts and an oil change radiator flush and i'm ready to hit the road with this bad mother cant wait to take it for a cruise and see some sites

so over the weekend i went and purchased more parts for my quest just waiting for them to get hear i should have it up and running for a nice weekend drive this week but i guess we will see when i get it all back together and go to fire it up we will see what happens but i have a long list of parts that i have replaced so i don't think i will have any problem i pretty well fixed all of his chop job fixes i have spent $1,400 in the last month replacing every thing i can just to make sure i don't have to do the job twice

list of parts replaced:

new timing.

new head.

new turbo.

all new gaskets from oil pan up-to valve cover.

going this weekend to pick up a new exhaust

and plugs,wires and distributor

and now 4/20/13 a new gates water pump

i haven't been able to find a 83 hood or 83 cooling fan setup i am thinking of doing a manual fan system

with 2 12" 8 blade fans wired to a toggle switch to maximize air flow

also removed some of the A/C components

Edited by seans87Quest

well id be a son of a mother if i didn't get everything back together just for the damn water pump to go out and leak all over the damn place w.t.f ........ every time i turn around i have to go buy some other damn part

(pulling out my hair by now)

Edited by seans87Quest

well luckily www.rockauto.com has all the parts i could ever need but the only problem is on Sunday next week my car is being towed if i do not have it plated stupid community its not hurting no one sitting in the back of my drive way i'm so close to having it finished yet so far away. it will take 4 days for the water pump to get here not sure if i will have it done before they get here to tow it away i sure as hell dont want to see me baby being dragged away this sucks they wont even give me an extension not even 2 more weeks

so i just ordered a new water pump should be here Thursday hopefully after this i will be able to start it up and get it inspected i haven't even been able to do a test fire on it yet. I really hope it fires up properly with no other mechanical problems and no leaks and no more breaks.

well i got my water pump in today i haven't even put it on i filled the car up(with fluids) primed it then started it when i did the head leaks (again) ,oil pan leaks,turbo leaks got it on the road up to 30 mph then all of a sudden started shaking bad then stopped took it up to 40 mph nothing 45 mph held steady then started shaking again felt like the car was going to flip over it was shaking so bad steering has a whole lot of play one of the rear brakes feels like its locked up e-brake is all bind'ed up in the off position but cant even move it 1" brake pedal go's all the way to the floor then slowly starts to stop. The exhaust leaks bad she really do's not have any pull or power just feels so weak it still smokes a little bit i think it is from the old head pumping oil into the exhaust. So now the car is worse off then i thought it was when i bought it so i took it to a friend of mine who has a 87 quest hes had his for 11 years now and has his own shop so i took it to the master and told him to find every thing wrong/broken/or missing give me a list and we fix it

I am not sure if i will be able to have it running good within 2 week for a car show that is being held in memory of my niece who passed away one month ago today

so i still have not got any word on my gall i hope i dosnt need a whole lot of work im just hoping he dos not find any thing majorly wrong with my ride i really would live to drive her at least once before summer hits i brought it to his shop on Thursday i am just really scared at what he might find the car dosnt make any noise just shakes periodicity not constantly and extremely violent im not sure what it could be i have exhausted my self trying to get this beast running just to find more problems and not with the motor( I THINK / HOPE) if anybody has some advice or pointers i would really appreciate it.

thanks SEAN=== pronounced SHAWN

Edited by seans87Quest

hear it is almost a week now and still no word on my 87 quest im not sure what is going on and im almost scared to hear what he has to say when he does call i just dont know how much money im going to be looking at spending this time

so today i went down to check on my 87 and go figure nothing has been done to it but it is not his fault .all of the oil has leaked out so he has not taken it out to see whats going on with it i should have known it was going to leak but i didnt know it would leak it all out that fast.

so i got my 87 in the air today got underneath of it and much to my surprise to inter tie rod connecting arm is bent and bushings are shot front calipers are locked up the back of the head leaks think it might be a crack in the blot hole to the block. The turbo compressor housing is cracked and leaking exhaust cant feel the boost when driving it

does any one know a good person to contact about rebuilding a TD05 12A turbo charger i am really in need thanx

im not what im going to do at this point im half tempted to call it a parts car and look for another dead body to bring back to life or if i should continue trying to get this broken girl fixed and back on the road once again.

if you guys know any one who sells suspension parts on this forum like sway bars,links,bushings,struts,mounts and good stuff like that

Edited by seans87Quest

also does anyone know is there different distributors for our motors when i had the mechanic looking at it he showed me that his original distributor his 2 vacuum lines but mine only has one vacuum line is this a big difference and will it make the car run rough. He was telling me that the vacuum lines on the distributor is for the vacuum automatic boost retard and advance back.

So i was wondering is this were i am getting my rough run and lack of boost when im at idle runs choppy and boost gauge says -7.lbs of boost I drive it around it wont go past about 4.lbs

any help would be great

OK so today i got my car on 2 wheels and i put on a full exhaust system on it i revived the exhaust from Richie-rich who was wanting to clear out all of his no longer needed supplies (great for me thanks Richie) so i got the exhaust cleaned and sprayed with flame proof high heat anodizing paint to lock in the heat and look a little better but it is diffidently better then what there was on the car or lack of what there was. But i am ordering new front brakes sorry Richie there all locked up so i am using the calipers i got from Richie-rich as cores to save some money. I also revived some pistons not all of them were good but was able to to pull 10 pistons that looked good cleaned them up and getting them boxed up to take them to the boys down the road and get them nice and cleaned and put away for emergency situation