vedio convertor Mov to avi

Shelby

I use Roxio Creator (video editor program), which is about $99 that will allow you to convert to many different video file types. Your computer needs to be fast and have 8Gb of RAM to make this experience enjoyable... HD video is a lot of work for a computer to manipulate

One thing I would like to mention is that there are convertors and there are video editing programs. Convertors often dump the video quality so what you get is low res, while video editors are more costly and complex to learn, but preserve the native video quality onto the new format...fyi

I'd be willing to bet you'd be able to open them in Windows Movie Maker and do the conversion there. I record with my webcam all the time and I usually run the output through Movie Maker to compress it. It's worth a shot anyway.

i've try windows movie maker,,but it don't reconize .mov files , when i down load from memory cards they apply .mov file extentions,, if i use my dazle input cable from the vedio out port on the camers and cam corder it makes avi files but , this dazle adaptor don't have a mem card port ,, same thing with a couple move programs i have they only reconize files they have create'd

programs like movie star and studio 8 , these are older programs i know

i have a couple convertor proigrams but they are demo's and only convert a portion of the file like 20 %

AVS video products are the best free ones, hands down. If you pay $30, you can get every single product they make, for LIFE. I use them, and Final Cut and iMovie on a Mac and I prefer AVS by a mile.

are you able to play the .mov files on the PC at all?

Not from the camera but have you imported it to the PC yet?

Is this going to be posted online?

You might also try windows LIVE movie maker. It can do Hi DEF video.

Edited by lionbull

• 2 weeks later...