AR wheels

Richie_Rich

I have a set of AR wheels for sale. Looking for $150 plus shipping.

7's & 8's. Tires have been discarded. When I had them on the car, I didn't know how well they polished up. This was done with a little mag wheel polish.

I only cleaned up one of the wheels for the picture.

Fronts match factory offset.

Rears would need 1/2" to 5/8" shims to put them like factory.

The picture below is with no shims.

http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad27/RealmSteel/Starquest%20Parts%20For%20Sale/DSCF0002.jpg

Here's a pic on my old car. They were pretty dirty in that pic.

http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad27/RealmSteel/Starquest%20Parts%20For%20Sale/DSCF0250.jpg

Edited by Richie_Rich

they're 16's if you read the tire sidewall.

Dern... Eagle eyes! :o Be nice as said though... regarding bolt-on, correct spacing? Need spacers, etc? Also be nice to see the other (3) wheels up close. I'm interested though, nice old school look. I'll PM ya.

OK. I got them out of the shed.

They've been in there for about 3 or 4 years.

All the tires hold air, but each one weighs about 40-42lbs, so shipping may be pretty expensive unless I remove them.

Also, one the rears is showing cord. I had an alignment issue and this is what happened before I noticed it.

There is no curb rash except a little bit on one wheel which I took a close up of.

I didn't measure the back-set correctly. Apparently it should go to the outside lip. I'd say, they are both about 4 1/2" then.

Not sure what stock wheels are. I'm sure someone here knows off the top of their head.

Here is a link to the album of pics.

Hopefully it works.

http://s918.beta.photobucket.com/user/RealmSteel/library/Conquest%20AR%20Wheels

I took pictures of what markings or stamps are on the backsides of one front and one rear wheel.

Looks like the wheels were made in the USA. Don't know what the "04" and "07" are.

These wheels actually look a little wider than 7's and 8's. It's impossible to measure with the tires still on.

For now, I'd say they are 7's and 8's

My zip is 63303

Estimate each wheel with tire weighs about 44 lbs with a couple lb added for a box.

Don't know the weight of the wheels alone, but I'd guess about 20lbs each, so guesstimate 24lbs per wheel with a box.

Did a back-set check.

I still have a pair of factory 8" rears which measure 4 1/8"

These 8" rears are 4 5/8", so to get the rears to sit exactly like factory would require 1/2" spacers.

Didn't really notice it when I had them on my car.

I did put factory wheels back on with much wider tires and noticed a difference, but attributed it to the tires being wider.

Anyway, figure (4) 23lb boxes 18x18x10 for shipping.

If I stack two boxes together and ship, figure (2) 46lb boxes 18x18x20. This will save a little bit of shipping costs.

• 1 month later...
tell you what, I am driving north from Tenn. back to northern Illinois on the 1st and 2nd... if you are willing to meet me (or let me come pick them up) at some point on either the evening of the 1st or any time on the 2nd I've got $150 with your name on it

tell you what, I am driving north from Tenn. back to northern Illinois on the 1st and 2nd... if you are willing to meet me (or let me come pick them up) at some point on either the evening of the 1st or any time on the 2nd I've got $150 with your name on it

Sounds great.

I'll PM you my info.

Have a safe happy new year,

Rich

Richie_Rich whats up with that sunroof , looks like a crx sunroof.

That sunroof was in the first '86 Conquest I bought around 1998.

The previous owner must have had it installed.

It was really cool in that it had two retractable sun shades.

When I cut up the '86 after it got cancer, I kept the sunroof and eventually installed it in the '88.

I don't think I'd ever put another sunroof in a car again or at least a used one.

I had trouble with using the wrong sealer and having to remove the whole thing to use windshield adhesive.

Later on the shades were showing signs of wear and generally looking old, plus I hardly ever used it.

http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad27/RealmSteel/1988%20Conquest/DSCF0422.jpg