predict the political spin on the movie theater shooting.

patra_is_here

I'm gonna guess CO will limit magazine capacity.

someone will suggest metal detectors at movie theaters and guards at movie theaters.

and conservatives will blame the liberal media for brainwashing him, liberals will a lack of community support for the shooter which would have alerted us to his mental state, and people will announce that they are praying for the victims.

so many people carry concealed weapons these days I am amazed when something like this happens where a couple hundred people are gathered and not a single person returns fire----this guy had body armor of some sort on so majority of peoples concealed hanguns probably would not have done much but maybe would have gotten the guy to cease his slaughter after getting hit a couple times----i will not sit here and say shoot for the legs or a head shot cause with all the chaos precision shots would be next to impossible in that enviornment-----another thing is hitting innocents when returning fire wich is problematic----all I know is stuff like this makes me feel better about always having a loaded handgun on my person anywhere its legal to do so----just my thoughts

gig out

• Like 3

well i thought CO was pretty tight on concealed weapons.

i am not familiar with concealed laws in CO so I can't say----If ur correct than maybe thats why he did it where he did----who knows what was going through that scumbags pile of mush between his ears----

gig out

^ can't carry into any theaters or really 99.5% of any places around me (posted no carry) so that eliminates that while it's locked up in your car.

Also don't forget most people are sheep and when stuff like this goes down are to dumb / hystarical to even hit the floor. Typicly only a small mindset (and those who are trained) act in a situation like this. I phrase that another way. Most people donot run into a burning building (IE only fire fighers who are trained and your one or two random heros)

As for what the spin will be. . O it's the vilonet moves, and the bullieing he got. It's sad people can't just be crazy any more were so PC

You want to stop this, take down the stupid no carry signs, or even better yet just let me walk around strapped up ready to go with whatever I see fit to carry (and yes I know open carry)

yeah, really all it takes is one trained, armed person and the death toll could have been less. yeah, and you can bet they will blame the video games, and movies, and whatever. when really, there was just something wrong with his brain.

only a neurological issue would cause someone to rationally and logically accept that killing all those people was the correct thing to do. he had to be 'crazy' in some form or another. it sounds like he was really smart too, so maybe he had some sort of breakdown and his brain went wrong.

I'm sure many of them will say gun control laws aren't strict enough. Like you said. You can't blame a tragedy like this on the weapons. He had/has a serious problem and this was his way of lashing out....Its been happening since the beginning of modern mankind....Sad for the victims and familys.

i can see it all now,,he was fearing for his life ( some one spill'd their drink on him )

not sure if you've read the news, but he walked in through the fire exist in full riot gear with an ar-15, two handguns, and a shot gun , ignited smoke bombs and opened fire on the crowd. His apartment was booby trapped with enough explosives to blow up the adjoining buildings.

Edited by patra_is_here

not sure if you've read the news, but he walked in through the fire exist in full riot gear with an ar-15, two handguns, and a shot gun , ignited smoke bombs and opened fire on the crowd. His apartment was booby trapped with enough explosives to blow up the adjoining buildings.

, i was only jokeing, the truth is we'l spend 30-40 years paying thru the nose to take care of this worthless but wipe and spend millions rather then the $.50 we need to spend eliminateing them from the gene pool

and others will suffer for the rest of their lives over what he has done

every fire door i have ever seen was only openable from the inside , so he must have been inside at some point and rig'd the door

or, like many exits, they just weren't closed. heck, even at my local movie theater you can walk in the exits because the last people out never fully close them. I by fire exit i meant that it's an exit and also the exit in case of emergency. not necessarily an alarmed exit.

http://en.wikipedia....Aurora_shooting

13 years and 3 months earlier

http://en.wikipedia....School_massacre

Personally I think walk in movie theaters are over priced and over rated.

They under pay their employees and over work their managers.

Pay $20 for admission, a small popcorn, a watered down soda, and an opporutity contract head lice

to top it off now a place to maybe get shot or stabbed?

I'll wait for the DVD thank you!!!

Edited by Metric-man
  • Like 1

If you check the policy on that theater, they don't allow citizens to lagally carry firearms in their theater, nearly ensuring that no one can defend themselves in such a situation.

That being said, body armor or not.....hit him ANYWHERE with a force of 400+lb'ft and he's going to be interrupted for sure. His armor only increases his chance of survival from bullet penetration, he can't effectively dissapate all of that kinetic energy.

I predict all the lefties trying to crack down on the legal gun owners...........such a terrible shame that it's the direct opposite of what makes sense from a public safety standpoint..

Turborusty

• Like 1

I will suspect the politicals will all cry responsible gun control, it's the political right thing to do at that moment.

Political ideology flows with the wind, regardless if it's right or wrong.

This was the act one crazy messed up guy, has nothing to do with guns or gun-control. But they will spin it to be. Just like when a dog bites some kid and it's all over tv, they spin it that it's necessary to control that evil breed of dog. They demonize whatever will sell newspapers or internet articles.

you know there is one quarranty'd way to stop this sort of thing ,, you got the guy red hand'd no doubt about 'did he do it'

on the spot justice 3 rounds in the head , no hype no doctors no internet fame

don't so much as release the trash bags name no 15 min,,there will be no reason to look for glorry or fame

I think to say that gun control laws have nothing to do with this incident is a biased opinion. They may not be the single or biggest factor, but they undoubtedly make it easier for someone to do this kind of thing, so maybe it wouldnt happen so often if it were a little bit more controlled. I do think they could make laws to restrict weapons that have a designed value to kill other humans more restricted from getting into open society but still be accessable to citizens on ranges, etc... it would make this happen less often or at least with less tragic loss of life.

I also predict the "viollence in entertainment" argument may come up as well, again. Reportedly this guy had red hair and was calling himself the Joker. Again, while it is not the major impact of why this guy did it, the continuing trend of desensitizing violence in games and movies DO impact us. For most of us, we can handle it and separate reality from it. For those who have serious problems, it pushes them further along the dangerous end of a continuum.

I also think it is rather naive to think that anyone with a handgun had a prayer of doing anything other than becoming a target of choice in that scenerio considering the confusion of the environment and the odds of the situation. Anyone remember the Bank of America robberies in North Hollywood? It took 1300+ rounds and a SWAT team a long time to take those two down in an open, outside environment. Anything less than ballistic armament was useless for them. This guy had a dark room where he deployed smoke and/or tear gas first and significant time of surprise while people thought he was a prank, promotional stunt, or just part of the movie noise. The entire event lasted 3 minutes according to a news report. That's one person shot every 2.5 seconds. I wonder if it is going to take our society collectively making a United Flight 93 pact where everyone develops an understanding that as soon as someone goes off like this, the entire crowd knows to immediately bumrush the guy with the understanding that some individuals will die in the process yet it will be less life lost than if everyone is out for themselves. THAT is the conversation I would like to hear in the media moreso than another argument about gun control or violence in the media.

I wonder if it is going to take our society collectively making a United Flight 93 pact where everyone develops an understanding that as soon as someone goes off like this, the entire crowd knows to immediately bumrush the guy with the understanding that some individuals will die in the process yet it will be less life lost than if everyone is out for themselves. THAT is the conversation I would like to hear in the media moreso than another argument about gun control or violence in the media

you know there is one quarranty'd way to stop this sort of thing ,, you got the guy red hand'd no doubt about 'did he do it'

on the spot justice 3 rounds in the head , no hype no doctors no internet fame

don't so much as release the trash bags name no 15 min,,there will be no reason to look for glorry or fame

Judge Dredd time! Yeah! lol If only they could save the tax payers all that money and get it over that quick.

It's a sad tragedy for those who lost loved and for all us human beings, we are interconnected.

Now, millions of dollars is gonna be speant on this clown, charging him, housing him, prosecuting him, then its health care, mental care, protecting him etc etc.

I don 't see a need to study or try to understand a crazy person like that. But millions will be speant by doc's and psyc's trying to find causal reasons for his actions. "oh he was molested, or he was abused, or he suffered some horrific event" blah blah blah to give an excuse for what he did.

He's crazy, a psycho, lets leave it as that, his actions prove it, now speedy up the legal process, lets put a lethal needle in the bastage and move on.