Rare 1989 Mitsubishi Starion - Auto - Red on sport interior w/ SHP...Denver

1989STAR-ESIR

On second thought... I have so many hospital bills right now, the dream is over, this has to go. $2200 OBO... Ad says it all, lots of pictures. Tons of extra parts included in deal.

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/3133214747.html

Thanks for looking and have a nice day!

Simple: If the VIN starts with JJ it is a Conquest, If it starts with JA then its a Starion.

What is the build date?

Ok . I give up completely. During tax season I will just try to get a tax deduction on this car and hopefully get a nice tax refund. What a beautiful car but thery are not worth crap even when they are running. Bummer.

If I had a time machine I would slap myself for even considering this purchase. I would rather flush $100 bills down the toilet at this point.

Dude, if it is truly an 89 Starion, at that price, it should fly off the shelf. Take a pic of the door tag which will show the VIN and the build date. If the VIN starts with JA and the build date is June of 88 or later it means i's an 89 Starion and I've seen 89 Starions in worse shape sell for $2500+

Ok . I give up completely. During tax season I will just try to get a tax deduction on this car and hopefully get a nice tax refund.

Unless you are in a high tax bracket, you'll get a few hundred for it on taxes, it's value only offsets taxable income, not a one-for-one deal. And that assumes you even make enough to itemize above your standard deduction, which seems unlikely as well.

You might end up getting zero for it on your taxes. Now is not the time to be irrational.

The title says 89 with Mitsubishi. Clone or not, its a running deal with tons of extra parts. Must sell!

All SQ's manufactured by mitsubishi so that info is probobly on the title... so "The title says 89 with Mitsubishi" means nothing.

Beyond saying "Clone or not, its a running deal" seller answers no questions and doesn't post the vin... its a conquest.

Keith

Edited by Threedoor

After a comp test I found that 3/4 are fine and the front cylinder is low and burning coolant so I am just going to redo the head gasket block/head prep and see what I get. I had some serious offers but I have too much in the car at this point to just sell it for $1500.

I have donated cars and got a decent penny write off before but I won't be going that route. From all the other cars I have seen for sale and being parted out, mine is in exceptional shape and I let my frustrations get in my way like many SQ owners do They called it a conquest for a reason. LOL

It is a conquest after what I have been told and read. The VIN has JJ and not JA. Not that it really matters anymore, its just an old endless project SQ.

I did not ignore any "quest"ions... Just been busy and I no longer have it for sale obviously. Thanks for all the inquiries folks. Happy motoring!