So I fell in love with it

starquest7

1 hour ago, tux said:

I'm interested in both the engine swap and your rack conversion!

Thanks. I figured another LS swap would be pretty boring and basic at this point. 

The quest might be well suited for this swap. The BMW engine has a deep oil pan bump down at the rear which seems to fit right behind the crossmember (with a bit of work) so that means everything in front of the cross member is open to fabrication. In theory, having forward facing steering arms may net me better handling but it's a low bar considering the steering box it had. 

5 hours ago, starquest7 said:

Thanks. I figured another LS swap would be pretty boring and basic at this point. 

The quest might be well suited for this swap. The BMW engine has a deep oil pan bump down at the rear which seems to fit right behind the crossmember (with a bit of work) so that means everything in front of the cross member is open to fabrication. In theory, having forward facing steering arms may net me better handling but it's a low bar considering the steering box it had. 

Almost anything is better than the box!

I've been contemplating making changes to the steering, but I can't fab anything myself :/

• 1 month later...

Also went x-mas shopping. After many hours or reading and searching the web I've decided on using the front suspension from a second gen RX-7. Notably the five lug setup. There will be some mixing and matching but I might only have to make lower ball joint mounts for this to work. I can't expect all my angles to be correct but I can build in adjustability and find parts, unlike really any performance quest parts. large.20221202_113238.jpg.7c3357cf9005e70dc3aa7007e7f761a0.jpg 

• 1 month later...

Great swap!  Daydreaming about this swap if I was going to swap.  We have three M52s in the garage and three more in running cars. Are you going to turbo?  We have the 3 litre upgrade parts if not.