Moderators who are missing in action.

Caliber308

Well. Here is my third post that will most likely get deleted also about moderators who have not been on this site for years. Boosted One (Mike) which I respect and has given me a lot of advice over the years. But, Mike has not posted for years on here, and he is still listed as a Moderator on this site????? Maybe others get it but I don't. To me, in order to be a moderator on a website you have to be active in order to do your duty. I'm sure I'm pissing some of the current moderators off by persuing this but. If you have moderators on a website that aren't active...Why have them?

Bill

what diff does it make, it's Ryddlers problem not ours .

True. But why if it doesn't make a difference are my posts being deleted. Shelby, your a moderator and have been a online friend to me for 10 years now. So, why are my posts being deleted? I said nothing bad about anyone. Just trying to figure out why members designated as Moderators who are absent without leave are still listed. I just don't buy into "their behind the scenes" .To me being a member on a website is important especially if others count on you for help. So, if you are designated as a Moderator on a website...Show up and help out. You do it, I do it, and i'm not a moderator and so do others on SQC. Being listed as a Moderator on SQC,and not even showing up anymore is kind of crap as far as i'm concerned. Maybe Ryddler should consider giving other members the title of Moderator in place of the ones that haven't participated in the site for years.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

True. But why if it doesn't make a difference are my posts being deleted. Shelby, your a moderator and have been a online friend to me for 10 years now. So, why are my posts being deleted? I said nothing bad about anyone. Just trying to figure out why members designated as Moderators who are absent without leave are still listed. I just don't buy into "their behind the scenes" .To me being a member on a website is important especially if others count on you for help. So, if you are designated as a Moderator on a website...Show up and help out. You do it, I do it, and i'm not a moderator and so do others on SQC. Being listed as a Moderator on SQC,and not even showing up anymore is kind of crap as far as i'm concerned. Maybe Ryddler should consider giving other members the title of Moderator in place of the ones that haven't participated in the site for years.

Bill

I agree with you on this one Bill

I look at it like this.... its their site, its their rules. You agreed to THEIR rules when you joined so you forfitted any "right" you may think you have to try to moderate it the way you see fit. I mean, I dont agree with alot of things in life but life is too short to worry about insiginificant details, like someone being labled a moderator when they dont show active recently. At this point, i think you should get another hobby to occupy the time you spend worrying about how the site is being moderated or create your own site.

That being said, I think I understand why your posts, like this one, keep getting deleted so i will share my OPINION.. Posts like this sholdnt be publicly posted, they stir up trouble and nothing good comes of it. Is that your intention? Communication is key yet isnt always something to be made public.

I think I understand why your posts, like this one, keep getting deleted so i will share my OPINION.. Posts like this sholdnt be publicly posted, they stir up trouble and nothing good comes of it. Is that your intention? Communication is key yet isnt always something to be made public.

You have your opinion and I have mine. Starting trouble??? naw. Only in your eyes maybe.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

I'd have to say I'm with Shelby on this one. I've been a mod on the Mitsubishiforum for over 6 years now and I rarely post there. Most of the time it's maintenance that I'm doing there. Checking posts deleting spam, replying to reports of spam or inappropriate posting. I haven't made more than a couple posts in the last 4 years at least there. Does it mean I'm not doing my job? I don't think so.

If I was a moderator I would suspend you for a week for not adding any input to my new thread! :)

http://www.starquest...howtopic=127482

O.K. I'll bite. It's your money but, I would rather see you spend it on something else. A .22 caliber AR-15 is not feesable in my eyes. I had a Remington 552 years ago. It is a .22 caliber tube fed 15 shot Semi Automatic rifle. I had more fun with that rifle than some of my current ones. Like I said, it's your money. So, if you like it...that's fine with me.

Bill

Edited by Caliber308

What difference as long as there is at least one or two moderating. you could have 100 moderators but just 3 active , makes no difference. What are you looking for?

Dad

What difference as long as there is at least one or two moderating. you could have 100 moderators but just 3 active , makes no difference. What are you looking for?

Dad

Hi Dad,

I'm not really looking for anything. Members take some of my comments the wrong way. It is just kind of ludicrous to have named Moderators that are never here. That was my point. And I wasn't trying to start trouble, but by having a couple of my posts deleted for no good reason kinda rubbed me the wrong way. I'm over it now. It is what it is :)

Bill

Ahh- sorry, I didn't pay attention about your posts being deleted. My apology- guess that's between you and the mods. Thought you were commenting on Mods that don't show on here.Vs the ones that do.

Dad

He gonna need some more guns to control this bunch of goofballs! lol "Cal, the OTHER terminator?" :lol:

Yes, he's come back from the future to save his membership from being terminated.

Oh wait, that's in part 2... I think he's still in part 1 where he's purposefully trying to terminate himself... lol...

-Robert

let me take a shot at this... I'm never here (or am I?) but yet I'm still a moderator...

Seriously, though, once a mod comes on board as a mod, there's no reason to remove them unless they ask to be removed. It's not like a term of office, it's more of a permanent lifestyle change (and anyone that has ever been a moderator can back me on this), because everything you do or say suddenly becomes under public scrutiny whether you like it or not. Regardless of whether they post in the public forums, they often pop in from time to time and offer opinions or conversation in the mods forums.

As for the removal of posts discussing moderation topics and/or policies, it's simply not a topic for public discussion. Why? Because the mods have so much to hide? Not even close. It's taboo, because it inevitably ends up in finger pointing, screaming, yelling, TYPING IN ALL CAPS, and some reference to an ethnic group that may or may not allow you to have soup if you giggle in line. I, and the majority of people that I talk to, dont want or like to read all that crap, it's not what these forums are all about.

^ Amen. I've been reading up a TON about starting my own forum for my profession and am seeing many of these kind of managerial topics come up. It's tough being a novice when it comes to figuring out the hosting, software, and technical design issues. I'd offer to be a mod on here, but not sure of the time I'd have to work here. Cheers to those that do. Edited by mstieg

let me take a shot at this... I'm never here (or am I?) but yet I'm still a moderator...

Seriously, though, once a mod comes on board as a mod, there's no reason to remove them unless they ask to be removed. It's not like a term of office, it's more of a permanent lifestyle change (and anyone that has ever been a moderator can back me on this), because everything you do or say suddenly becomes under public scrutiny whether you like it or not. Regardless of whether they post in the public forums, they often pop in from time to time and offer opinions or conversation in the mods forums.

As for the removal of posts discussing moderation topics and/or policies, it's simply not a topic for public discussion. Why? Because the mods have so much to hide? Not even close. It's taboo, because it inevitably ends up in finger pointing, screaming, yelling, TYPING IN ALL CAPS, and some reference to an ethnic group that may or may not allow you to have soup if you giggle in line. I, and the majority of people that I talk to, dont want or like to read all that crap, it's not what these forums are all about.

Thanks for giving me a straight answer Ryddler. So now I get it. If you were named as a moderator on SQC from 2002 to 2012 you keep that title FOREVER, even if your not contributing to the site or intil you give it up. Correct?

Bill