2.5"/3" mandrel bent exhaust NEW

jolyrgr

Made to order exhaust systems for your '83-'89 Starion/Conquest. Turbo to tail pipe with "off-road" pipe and flex section. Direct fit for stock applications. Made right here in Kansas so I can monitor quality. These were built to be "driveway" installable. Those of you that made Branson last year saw us swap one into a Flatty in about an hour in the parking lot.

2.5"-------$295+ actual shipping.

3"----------$330+ actual shipping.

Call for stainless pricing. Typically $100 additional. 3" Magnaflow cat. converter available to swap in/out with "off-road" section.

Shop has a 1 week lead time standard.

More details here

Edited by jolyrgr

I am very interested in a 2.5" system.

Questions though: What comes with for the hangers? In some of the pictures i see you have some welded on, at the test pipe, and other pictures show an exhaust clamp with just a bracket?

I am not familiar with the term 'driveway' installable.

And my zipcode is 58104, for a shipping quote. What payment methods do you accept?

"driveway" installable means just that - I was able to install the system in my driveway with a jack/jackstands and basic hand tools. The hardest part was getting my old rusted exhaust out (PB Blaster FTW :lol:)

The system does not come with a muffler, but it comes with a bracket that holds the pipe in place where the muffler would be, until you can install a muffler. The test pipe/cat section has some extensions that use the stock hanger locations and stock rubber "doughnuts."

Is the youtube clip on your other thread the only sound reference? Anyone have clips with a muffler and/or cat?

That was my car - that was filmed right after the installation with no muffler/cat/resonator (straight through).

Here is another clip, with a Magnaflow 14419 Muffler (round canister, 3" in/out), PaceSetter Performance Monza Exhaust Dual Resonated Tips, and no cat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKdWZcNELJ4

I have the cat section, but have yet to install it - I'll post a sound clip once I get it installed.

Edited by DryBear

PM returned.

The 2.5" is surprisingly quiet, until you get into the higher revs. The 3" is a bit too much for me without a muffler.

The system was designed for a 14" muffler, but the longer ones will fit, the rear hanger just needs to be attached to the muffler itself.

Here is a pic of a 2.5" next to a stock take-off (coutresy Scotty Gibb)

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/7807/1000313sz.jpg

These really are a quality made product. The shop owner has been making custom high flow exhausts for H and W body GM cars for years.

• 2 weeks later...

ah, I see. But some of the OEM type actually screw into the 2-bolt flange mount and it's likely the threads are the same to screw it directly into the bung on the new exhaust.

BTW, I bought one of these systems and have yet to install it, but I want to comment that the workmanship and materials look excellent and the transaction/shipping/packaging was flawless. Very nice item.

Edited by DAW

• 1 month later...